One I don't remember doing...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
I am going for shows that when they were in their initial runs, you had to see them. Sopranos would have been #2 on my list, at least until the ending.

The ending to the Sopranos was actually incredibly well-done in retrospect. You have to look into it somewhat, but it's all there. I've actually explained this before in the TV thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
The ending to the Sopranos was actually incredibly well-done in retrospect. You have to look into it somewhat, but it's all there. I've actually explained this before in the TV thread.

Yeah, we have argued it before. It killed it for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Yeah, we have argued it before. It killed it for me.

I hated it at first, too. But then I grew to like it. Chase had a nice quote about the finale, saying something along the lines of, "Would you have been happier to see Tony face down in a bowl of spaghetti?" This first implied to me that he was saying Tony died, but I also agree that seeing him die might have actually been sort of anticlimactic in and of itself, oddly enough.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
I hated it at first, too. But then I grew to like it. Chase had a nice quote about the finale, saying something along the lines of, "Would you have been happier to see Tony face down in a bowl of spaghetti?" This first implied to me that he was saying Tony died, but I also agree that seeing him die might have actually been sort of anticlimactic in and of itself, oddly enough.

I haven't watched any of them again honestly.

Contrast that with the ending of Lost where in a series that really centered around questions, you got an ending that felt like an ending, even with having some things left to answer.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)

The psychologist comes into the diner, goes into the ladies' room and pulls a duct taped gun from behind the toilet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
I haven't watched any of them again honestly.

Contrast that with the ending of Lost where in a series that really centered around questions, you got an ending that felt like an ending, even with having some things left to answer.

As much as I loved Lost, I freakin despised the ending.

For the shows you guys mentioned, did you start watching them from the beginning or Netflix/dvd them?

For both Lost and Scrubs, I don't think I started to watch until about the 4th season so I completely caught up on Lost through dvd and Netflix while Scrubs was pretty much all through syndication.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
For the shows you guys mentioned, did you start watching them from the beginning or Netflix/dvd them?

For both Lost and Scrubs, I don't think I started to watch until about the 4th season so I completely caught up on Lost through dvd and Netflix while Scrubs was pretty much all through syndication.

I think Prison Break and The Black Donnelly's were the only ones I watched on a weekly basis from the beginning. I caught up with Breaking Bad before S3 started, and I caught up with Dexter during S5.