Dunn

DetroitSoxDog

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
It's very important for '12 and onward to get Dunn hitting. He needs to be playing every day and hitting in front of Konerko to see if he can get pitches he can handle.

Do you really think they are pitching him tougher the lower he bats in the line up? He did hit in front of Konerko, go check those splits. He has been horrible everywhere they have put him. He's been horrible when they play him every day. He's been horrible when they give him time off. He's horrible against LHP he's horrible against RHP. Did you know that when Adam Dunn falls behind in the count 0-1, his batting average is .101?

Anyone who really thinks Dunn will walk away from his paydays if he doesn't turn it around, I hope you're right, but I really think his agent and family will have a say. The bottom line is if it continues like this, the Sox, no matter how much they owe him, will not be able to keep him on the roster, and he'll be able to be "retired" while still cashing huge checks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Seriously? What did I miss?

That young, cheap, and under control Zach Stewart has been about as good as EJax for the Cards or Rasmus for the Jays, among other things, apparently.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
It's very important for '12 and onward to get Dunn hitting. He needs to be playing every day and hitting in front of Konerko to see if he can get pitches he can handle.

If you believe this season is over, this is 100% true. You know Dunn is going to be back, and benching him isn't going to help for 2012

QUOTE (Lillian @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
I agree with you, assuming that the organization has given up entirely on this season. If they still think that this team has a remote shot at post season play, do you really want him batting in the middle of the order?
At this point I don't want him batting anymore this year regardless of how the Sox are doing. I did like your previous post and think that is the way to go in preparation for 2012.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
That young, cheap, and under control Zach Stewart has been about as good as EJax for the Cards or Rasmus for the Jays, among other things, apparently.
I agree that it could be a good deal, I'm just not ready to call it that yet. I need to see a lot more of Stewart and Frasor hasn't been all that great.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
I agree that it could be a good deal, I'm just not ready to call it that yet. I need to see a lot more of Stewart and Frasor hasn't been all that great.

The thing is we got Stewart and Fraisor plus we dumped Teahen, all for a guy who wasn't going to be back next year. That is all kinds of win.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
If you believe this season is over, this is 100% true. You know Dunn is going to be back, and benching him isn't going to help for 2012

I can't agree here. Dunn isn't going to just "get it" at this point in the season, and we have to see what we have in other prospects as we head into next year.

Either way, Dunn should have to earn his AB's by showing what he can do in ST. Yes, I know he'll be on the roster - doesn't mean he should be allowed to destroy another whole season.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

I haven't made a call on it as a good trade/bad trade either, but the early returns are not horrific despite Frasor's not-so-goodness.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
The thing is we got Stewart and Fraisor plus we dumped Teahen, all for a guy who wasn't going to be back next year. That is all kinds of win.
You guys all make good points, I guess I'm just from Missouri when it comes to trades.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)

So did you like 2 more months of Jackson then not resigning with the Sox or Teahen ? If Frasor walks we get the same thing we would have got for Jackson walking. 4+ years of Stewart >>>> 2 months of Jackson.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
You guys all make good points, I guess I'm just from Missouri when it comes to trades.

We were going to be getting a sandwich pick for him. If the deal we got for Jackson is better than that pick, the deal is a win IMO. Getting a back of the rotation starter, a solid middle man, and dumping $5 million for next year is way better than a sandwich pick to me

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
So did you like 2 more months of Jackson then not resigning with the Sox or Teahen ? If Frasor walks we get the same thing we would have got for Jackson walking. 4+ years of Stewart >>>> 2 months of Jackson.
I have nothing against the Sox trading Jackson, an overly expensive back of the rotation kind of guy. I did feel he did OK by us during his time with the Sox. Teahen should have been a decent signing but guys seem to forget how to hit when they play for the Sox. I've liked watching Stewart pitch. I like his approach, variety of pitches and the way he carries himself. I just want to wait and see, being cautious by nature.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
We were going to be getting a sandwich pick for him. If the deal we got for Jackson is better than that pick, the deal is a win IMO. Getting a back of the rotation starter, a solid middle man, and dumping $5 million for next year is way better than a sandwich pick to me

And Jason Frasor is currently expected to be a type B free agent. If the White Sox choose not to pick up his $3.5 million option next year, they can still let him go and offer him arbitration while having him be a type B free agent. Thus, the Sox would be likely to still get that sandwich pick.

And of course, there is still talk of limiting or removing compensatory picks in the next CBA, which would make it moot anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)

Frasor looks like just another guy in any team's bullpen. His pitches scream "hit me" at times.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Yes, lets all judge him by a couple of bad outings, instead of by his numbers.

Yeah, he's got a decent track record in a brutally tough division so he deserves some benefit of the doubt. Probably just a bad period for him, but 3.75M ain't peanuts either, so what they do with him WILL likely depend on his performance over the next few weeks.