8/18 Game Thread: Indians @ White Sox, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
It's so true though. I don't think he's pulled more than 10 fastballs hard all season. Only the Sox could have a young player lose his bat speed after two years.

Walker probably suggested he add 2 ounces to his bat.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
The Indians radio crew making note of the significant hitch in Gordon's swing.

He defnitely shouldn't be considered a prime prospect anymore.

You can get a second baseman to do what he does offensively about anywhere.

Though he is damn good defensively.

I can't believe how bad a team the Sox are at home.

Another big series and looks like a 1-2.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
He defnitely shouldn't be considered a prime prospect anymore.

You can get a second baseman to do what he does offensively about anywhere.

Though he is damn good defensively.

I can't believe how bad a team the Sox are at home.

Another big series and looks like a 1-2.

Problem lies in that he was drafted for OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:25 AM)
Problem lies in that he was drafted for OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Yeah I know.

His season has killed us. With Dunn and Rios as pathetic as they are, we couldn't afford Becks to be an easy out as well.

Ya know what's sad about Gordo...I remember watching him AFL and how he went with every pitch and used to just lace ropes opposite field. When he's on...that's what he does. WTF is Walker teaching this kid?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)
The problem is he's having terrible at bats.

I can't see how a young kid like Becks thinks his approach at the plate is a winning approach.

When he watches tape why can't he see his approach is a joke?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
I can't see how a young kid like Becks thinks his approach at the plate is a winning approach.

Chicks dig the long ball...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)

He's the epitome of a mental midget. All the warning signs were there going into last season.

btw...anybody with Extra Innings catch that story about Hannahan last night. About how his wife went into labor when he was on the road? Couldn't catch a flight...none available. The only option was chartering something that would have cost $30K. Masterson told him to book it...passed the hat among teammates and they covered his cost so he could be there for the birth of his kid. Good story...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
btw...anybody with Extra Innings catch that story about Hannahan last night. About how his wife went into labor when he was on the road? Couldn't catch a flight...none available. The only option was chartering something that would have cost $30K. Masterson told him to book it...passed the hat among teammates and they covered his cost so he could be there for the birth of his kid. Good story...

Great story. Really makes you feel good about who some of these guys still are in life.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
He's the epitome of a mental midget. All the warning signs were there going into last season.

They were...but like someone else alluded too...I would like to see what he'd do with a different hitting coach.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:32 AM)

That sucks. He's really a lousy hitter at this juncture.

I can't believe how bad a hitting team we have, especially at the Cell. Our hitters truly blow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
Great story. Really makes you feel good about who some of these guys still are in life.

Definitely a great story. That's why I think the Indians are doing so well...their announcers continually talked about what a close-knit team this was.

If we lose tonight and dip one below .500 does that finally show everybody we're not a contender?

Teams that trot Adam Dunn and Rios out there every day cannot expect to win anything of significance. I think it's that simple.

Add our other guys who are having bad seasons and u get this putrid attack.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
If we lose tonight and dip one below .500 does that finally show everybody we're not a contender?

Teams that trot Adam Dunn and Rios out there every day cannot expect to win anything of significance. I think it's that simple.

Add our other guys who are having bad seasons and u get this putrid attack.

I am looking forward to the end of the Guillen era. No manager besides him and his gut would continue to bat Dunn 4th with the way he has hit this season. Rios keeps finding himself into the lineup for whatever reason. Guillen was given the green light to ignore contracts, yet keeps trotting out the same guys who have destroyed our season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)

The argument is they brought him up too soon. They had to do it to replace the other mental midget brought to you by the Sox farm system.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:43 AM)
I am looking forward to the end of the Guillen era. No manager besides him and his gut would continue to bat Dunn 4th with the way he has hit this season. Rios keeps finding himself into the lineup for whatever reason. Guillen was given the green light to ignore contracts, yet keeps trotting out the same guys who have destroyed our season.

True dat.

We prolly should be pinch running for Dunn here.