Indians awarded claim on Thome

justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

by ESPNChiSox

Also on waiver wire today: Danks, Floyd, Konerko, Thornton of White Sox. With Chicago 6 1/2 out, would Kenny trade anyone?

ALSO ON WAIVER WIRE TODAY ALMOST EVERY PLAYER IN BASEBALL BC THAT'S HOW IT WORKS EVERY YEAR

WHY DO PEOPLE GET SO WORKED UP OVER THIS STUFF?

?TYPEYELLING

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
ALSO ON WAIVER WIRE TODAY ALMOST EVERY PLAYER IN BASEBALL BC THAT'S HOW IT WORKS EVERY YEAR

WHY DO PEOPLE GET SO WORKED UP OVER THIS STUFF?

?TYPEYELLING

All you have to do is type "waivers" into the Google search to realize how much smarter the average Soxtalker is than the average person with a twitter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
The man's era across 210 innings pitched is 2.28. This post of yours here defies logic. Verlander is aces almost every time out.

Exactly. I'm saying there's a chance he might lose ONE GAME. He's lost 5 on the year total. It's not out of the realm of possibility to lose A GAME to a playoff tested (for the most part) Yankee or Red Sox team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I guarantee you neither the Yankees or Red Sox want to see Detroit in the ALDS. Possibility of seeing Verlander twice in cold weather? That's no good.

Heard on B&B earlier this week, the winner of the AL East is likely going to have to play the Tiger, so they might actually prefer the WC and avoiding Verlander twice in a 5-game series.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Exactly. I'm saying there's a chance he might lose ONE GAME. He's lost 5 on the year total. It's not out of the realm of possibility to lose A GAME to a playoff tested (for the most part) Yankee or Red Sox team.

lol. Dude, what are you talking about? Nobody ever said it was impossible for Verlander to lose a game. Of course he's beatable. Not likely. But yes, it can happen. It's not like SS2K5 going 24 consecutive hours without posting. Now that's impossible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Well I figure he sleeps every now and then. Or does he? :unsure:

Over the course of his tenure here SS2k5 has averaged 28 posts per day. (holy s***)

If we assume 8 hours slept per day, he loses 33% of the day of posting due to sleep. This leaves 16 hours for 28 posts.

SS2k5, on average, has not gone 34 waking minutes without a post over an 8 year period!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
Over the course of his tenure here SS2k5 has averaged 28 posts per day. (holy s***)

If we assume 8 hours slept per day, he loses 33% of the day of posting due to sleep. This leaves 16 hours for 28 posts.

SS2k5, on average, has not gone 34 waking minutes without a post over an 8 year period!

Actually he's at 26 posts per day (This is displayed on his profile). There's at least one other poster on this site who is currently averaging about 31.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)

I love mathematics. You know what's funny, if Jabroni hadn't gotten banned, he'd put SS2K5 (who's a great poster by the way. Let me just make that clear.) to shame. I swear to god he'd have 120,000+ posts by now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Actually he's at 26 posts per day (This is displayed on his profile). There's at least one other poster on this site who is currently averaging about 31.

That's what I get for rounding. 31 per day. Yikes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)

Who? Fathom comes to mind. But that's only because he's the most active gamethread participant on the board. That's the most efficient way to drive up that post-count.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Who? Fathom comes to mind. But that's only because he's the most active gamethread participant on the board. That's the most efficient way to drive up that post-count.

Oh come on, it's clearly Balta and that's why he posted it. Dude seriously never leaves the interwebs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
I love mathematics. You know what's funny, if Jabroni hadn't gotten banned, he'd put SS2K5 (who's a great poster by the way. Let me just make that clear.) to shame. I swear to god he'd have 120,000+ posts by now.

At least.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
The funny thing is, even though I seem to be the only one in here who is OK with the acquisition (if it even happens), the biggest reason I would hesitate isn't even being discussed. The problem is Adam Dunn. I have almost no doubt that Thome is going to do better than Dunn the rest of this season. But we have Dunn signed for 3 more years, and will need the guy to perform. If we take the bat out of his hands the rest of the year, that will not help the Sox' future, and may indeed hurt it.

If I were to hesitate on the move, that is the biggest reason.

I've heard Rongey speak on this, saying (basically) that Dunn's problems are so deep down mechanical, that he doesn't believe Dunn will be able to "Fix" this until the offseason/spring training 2012. I'm guessing Rongey has talked to Walker about this and that's where he's basing his opinion. If this is indeed the case, then NO, it won't stunt Dunn's progression to getting better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
How did Whitesox.com never complain to you guys? He would start a thread highlighting EVERY single article that came about from the site.

People were less caring about large blocks of text being excerpted 5+ years ago...and even with that, most pages these days are happy as long as you add in a link so that they get some traffic and they get the Google boost.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
People were less caring about large blocks of text being excerpted 5+ years ago...and even with that, most pages these days are happy as long as you add in a link so that they get some traffic and they get the Google boost.

Lots of news articles automatically add it in when you copy the text now.