Cooper and/or Ozzie status could affect MB coming back next year

southsider2k5

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
So what exactly did Ozzie do to make that happen? Not play them enough, play them too much, not read them a bed time story?

Dunn and Rios aren't bad signings, waiver pickups.. Cause Kenny never does that... Its because of Ozzie, that's your stance?

Adam Dunn has had how many different managers over his career? He was incredibly consistent over his career, until this year, despite being highly paid for a long time. He comes to Chicago, and goes the way of Nick Swisher, Javier Vazquez, Alex Rios, and company. The one consistent is Ozzie.

You tell me what is going on here. They are good before and after Chicago, but not while playing for Ozzie. Why is that?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
Adam Dunn has had how many different managers over his career? He was incredibly consistent over his career, until this year, despite being highly paid for a long time. He comes to Chicago, and goes the way of Nick Swisher, Javier Vazquez, Alex Rios, and company. The one consistent is Ozzie.

You tell me what is going on here. They are good before and after Chicago, but not while playing for Ozzie. Why is that?

so are you trying to say that dunn sucked this year because he was playing for ozzie??

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
so are you trying to say that dunn sucked this year because he was playing for ozzie??

Personally, I seriously wonder if Ozzie gave it real easy to Dunn in ST, because Ozzie always thinks that a veteran never needs a push to get himself in shape or ready. Ozzie always says that his veterans know what they need to do.

So Rios was good prior to him coming to Chicago... Hmmm what exactly did Kenny give up for him again.. I forgot. And what did Rios do in 2010, who was the manager of the White Sox then?

2010, Javier Vazquez.. Man how he didn't get the CY young is beyond me, it was a crime, almost like the time he nearly missed out in 2004.

You want to try and give me some other examples?

Personally, I seriously wonder if Ozzie gave it real easy to Dunn in ST, because Ozzie always thinks that a veteran never needs a push to get himself in shape or ready. Ozzie always says that his veterans know what they need to do.

And I Agree with him, if you have been in the league, ink a big money deal.. You should know what you need to do to get ready for the season.

Didn't Dunn also come out of the gate tearing the cover off the ball? He started to "Kenny", after he had his surgery.. I wondered if that had something to do with this season.

Edited by VictoryMC98

i dont think its ozzies or kennys fault...i remember he didnt do good at all in the second half last year maybe that was already a sign of something wrong, like in this article

Nice find, and if that is the case.. I blame Kenny.. if a player is on the decline, and you ink him to a huge $ 4 year deal.. What player is going to go nope, I really don't deserve it. Then for the fans, the easy scapegoat is the manager.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Nice find, and if that is the case.. I blame Kenny.. if a player is on the decline, and you ink him to a huge $ 4 year deal.. What player is going to go nope, I really don't deserve it. Then for the fans, the easy scapegoat is the manager.

Its true, once a player who has been consistent for the better part of a decade has one bad part of a season, he's "on the decline" and should never be signed to a big money contract again.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)

i think it shows even more how bad kws and ozzies relationship is when he signed dunn. we know ozzie didnt want that type of dh anymore. kw could have gotten martinez who would have been good and ozzie wouldnt have a dunn/thome type dh

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Its true, once a player who has been consistent for the better part of a decade has one bad part of a season, he's "on the decline" and should never be signed to a big money contract again.

pretty much, look at dye.

and my point of mentioning it isnt that they shouldnt have signed him,i can see why kw wanted to, but what it shows is that it makes sense why he did so bad this year. it continued from last year and clearly ozzie didnt ruin him

Edited by Melissa1334

i think it shows even more how bad kws and ozzies relationship is when he signed dunn. we know ozzie didnt want that type of dh anymore. kw could have gotten martinez who would have been good and ozzie wouldnt have a dunn/thome type dh

Martinez would have been the smart signing, looking back on it. But hindsight is 20/20.

Dunn, can play the OF and 1b.. not very well but can if need be. I also looked at him if Paulie went to AZI as his replacement.

Now if Kenny went out and grabbed an older guy who couldn't play the field at all, then I say you have a point.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
So only the teams that come out guns blazing are winners?

That's a pretty interesting dichotomy you've made up there.

No, teams that always come out playing flat that also happen to follow the manager's philosophy of taking it easy on vets during ST and not pushing the team to get ready probably don't have the best approach and dig themselves into a big hole because of it.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
So Rios was good prior to him coming to Chicago... Hmmm what exactly did Kenny give up for him again.. I forgot. And what did Rios do in 2010, who was the manager of the White Sox then?

2010, Javier Vazquez.. Man how he didn't get the CY young is beyond me, it was a crime, almost like the time he nearly missed out in 2004.

You want to try and give me some other examples?

Do you want to explain how veterans consistently fail in Chicago, and yet that is Kenny Williams fault?