2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 01:00 AM)
Don't you think the cardboard cutout of Rachel Phelps would get old after a while?

Especially since they keep updating the cutout every year with a new picture. I can't imagine she has aged well over the last 20+ years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
Well hopefully it goes as well as Mauer and Morneau's extensions went for the Twins...

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

#Twins closing in on multiyear contract extension with Ryan Doumit, agent Paul Cobbe confirms.

A catcher with a career full of injuries? I'm sure it will go well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Royals/Twins doubleheader tomorrow.

KC may be in 3rd place tomorrow night.

12:10 game will be Jonathan Sanchez v. Thomas Diamond.

I'll be going into work on a day we're closed, I've seen enough of Sanchez, they need to drop him yesterday.

6:10 game will be Luke Hochevar v. Cole DeVries.

Hochevar has pitched very well his last 3/4 starts. I'm pretty sure that's the longest streak of quality starts in his career.

Royals winners of 4 straight, beat Minnesota last night after sweeping Tampa, after being swept by St. Louis.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
12:10 game will be Jonathan Sanchez v. Thomas Diamond.

I'll be going into work on a day we're closed, I've seen enough of Sanchez, they need to drop him yesterday.

6:10 game will be Luke Hochevar v. Cole DeVries.

Hochevar has pitched very well his last 3/4 starts. I'm pretty sure that's the longest streak of quality starts in his career.

Royals winners of 4 straight, beat Minnesota last night after sweeping Tampa, after being swept by St. Louis.

4 straight wins, and nothing gained on first place :)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
4 straight wins, and nothing gained on first place :)

True, but you gotta get to third and second before you can worry about first.

We have 15 games left against the Sox, plenty of time to gain on them.

As usual, Sanchez pitched like s***. I'm sure we'll just keep running him out there.

Royals lost the first game of the doubleheader against the Twins, currently down 2-1 in the top of the 2nd of game 2.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-kn...going-this-week

Schedule suggests Tigers could get going this week

By Danny Knobler | Baseball Insider

July 2, 2012 4:33 pm ET

Is this the week the American League Central race finally changes?

Is this the week we finally stop asking when the Tigers are going to make their run and actually see them begin to make it?

The schedule suggests that it could be.

The White Sox and Indians, the two teams ahead of the Tigers in the Central, will spend the week playing teams with winning records (the White Sox have the Rangers and Blue Jays, while the Indians have the Angels and Rays).

Meanwhile, the Tigers will host the Twins and Royals, two teams that are playing a little better but both remain well below .500.

That's no guarantee of success. The Tigers are 1-3 against the Twins and Royals at Comerica Park this season.

But if there was a week for them to make a move, you'd think this might be it.

The Tigers won three of four over the weekend at Tampa Bay, ending play Sunday one game under .500 at 39-40. It's the fourth time in the last 13 days they've been exactly one game under .500, but they still haven't reached .500 since they were 18-18 on May 15.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
FWIW, I dont usually have time to watch MLB Network but both Chris Rose and Kevin Millar prediction for end of July is new team atop of AL Center whether it be Tigers or Indians.

Nice work guys. Don't even pick which team, that's top notch journalism right there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)

I just love the inevitably argument with the Tigers and the AL Central race this year. Among other things, have they noticed that 28 y.o. Doug Fister is the average pitcher he always was, not the lightning in a bottle half-season version of last year?

One of the more ridiculous assumptions about this Tiger team is that Fister would be the guy we saw for three months in '11, automatically.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
I just love the inevitably argument with the Tigers and the AL Central race this year. Among other things, have they noticed that 28 y.o. Doug Fister is the average pitcher he always was, not the lightning in a bottle half-season version of last year?

One of the more ridiculous assumptions about this Tiger team is that Fister would be the guy we saw for three months in '11, automatically.

Tigers are making a move, all right. They're stepping aside so KC can bone them on their way past them in the standings this weekend. Good call, Knobler.