LET'S MAKE A LIST OCTOBER '11 - FAVORITE SPORTS MOVIES

knightni

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
False. It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure while tripping he, connected to his bowling ball, "flies" down the lane and into pins.

:lolhitting

In the Gutterballs dream sequence he gets swallowed up by a giant bowling ball that does hit pins, but that cannot in any way be construed as him bowling.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Why wouldn't it be on your lists, though? I mean, even I voted for it despite hating Notre Dame.

Why would it be on my list? It's been a while since I've seen it, but if it came up on cable I wouldn't even think about turning it on. It's a great story, good for the kid, but the movie itself was nothing special at all to me.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
I left it off my list as well. I basically put my list in order by how likely it would be that I would stop and watch it if I found it on TV while channel surfing.

I actually saw it on TV the other day. I watched it for a few minutes and realized it's actually a pretty boring movie.

I kind of did the same. I ranked them by how much I enjoyed watching the movie, not necessarily which one was the best. That's how I can justify ranking White Men Can't Jump over Raging Bull.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
This guy!

Maybe I was too strict. Didn't count anything with wrestling, bowling, poker/cards, or pool. My list would have been much different if I had. Big fan of The Wrestler btw.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Maybe I was too strict. Didn't count anything with wrestling, bowling, poker/cards, or pool. My list would have been much different if I had. Big fan of The Wrestler btw.

The hell with the Wrestler...how about Marissa Tomei topless?

I'm sorry, but comparing golf to bowling, skillwise, is ridiculous.

What about Victory? Anyone list that?

I didn't make a list, but a few of mine are Caddyshack, Miracle, Victory, Major League, The Program, and Breaking Away, and Rocky.