s*** your teacher told you

bmags

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
Our evidence that they built it, is that is it there and that they were there at the same time. That's it. The Egyptians don't even know how they were built. That is the same evidence as any of the relationships between layouts, distances, etc.

No, it's really not and I don't know how else to explain the vast, clear difference between the evidence that the Egyptians built the pyramids (pyramids exist in Egypt, are filled with Egyptian artifacts and are documented in Egyptian historical records) with "evidence" that they knew random astronomical dimensions based entirely on modern numerology of backing out arbitrary ratios and then finding matches. That's coincidence, not intentional design.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
Not sure if this counts, but in 5th or 6th grade I had a teacher tell me the moon didnt rotate. Something didnt seem right. It does indeed rotate, but at the same rate it revolves around the earth, so the same side always faces earth. Which, seems almost impossible.

It's tidally locked with the earth. The moon orbits the Earth, but the same side is always facing the earth. It doesn't spin as it orbits, as the Earth does around the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Not sure if this counts, but in 5th or 6th grade I had a teacher tell me the moon didnt rotate. Something didnt seem right. It does indeed rotate, but at the same rate it revolves around the earth, so the same side always faces earth. Which, seems almost impossible.

That doesn't happen by chance. We call that being "Tidally locked". Through the fact that the Earth and Moon have tides, the energy that used to go into rotation of the Moon has dissipated over time. Tidally locked planets/moons should be fairly common around the universe.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
It's tidally locked with the earth. The moon orbits the Earth, but the same side is always facing the earth. It doesn't spin as it orbits, as the Earth does around the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
That doesn't happen by chance. We call that being "Tidally locked". Through the fact that the Earth and Moon have tides, the energy that used to go into rotation of the Moon has dissipated over time. Tidally locked planets/moons should be fairly common around the universe.

HUH! Thank you. Well, you learn something new everyday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
That isn't actually true. The Great pyramid contained no tomb, no mummy, no treasure, and no hieroglyphs inside the chambers. The only graffiti found was in breached areas.

You are correct about writings inside the pyramid itself, but they are within burial/temple complexes which do contain writings and they clearly contain burial chambers, even if the contents of them have been looted. Honestly, who are the alternative builders?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
You are correct about writings inside the pyramid itself, but they are within burial/temple complexes which do contain writings and they clearly contain burial chambers, even if the contents of them have been looted. Honestly, who are the alternative builders?

The Kings Chamber had not been looted.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Basically, we eat a lot better (or at least, we eat a lot more, and in more variety). Also advances in disease prevention and treatment.

We actually do eat better due to variety. The diets of plains settlers and others is atrocious. Meat and potatoes sounds well and nice until you, um, have no fiber to help you, you know.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)

What I'm wondering is how the pyramids in Mexico and SA are almost identical in construction and layout, etc to those in Egypt.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
What I'm wondering is how the pyramids in Mexico and SA are almost identical in construction and layout, etc to those in Egypt.

I just finished reading a book about just that. It is also amazing exactly how many of completely different cultures earliest legends are practically the same as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
I just finished reading a book about just that. It is also amazing exactly how many of completely different cultures earliest legends are practically the same as well.

Aliens, I tell you.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Aliens, I tell you.

The book made the case for a long gone pre-culture, culture. Not aliens, not Atlantis, but something that experienced the last ice age 10,000+ years ago and was devastated by it. Much like other historical cultures that made big advancements and discoveries, only to have them be lost to history eventually, only to be rediscovered again later.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
The book made the case for a long gone pre-culture, culture. Not aliens, not Atlantis, but something that experienced the last ice age 10,000+ years ago and was devastated by it. Much like other historical cultures that made big advancements and discoveries, only to have them be lost to history eventually, only to be rediscovered again later.

This is the book if you ever are bored.

http://www.amazon.com/Fingerprints-Gods-Gr...k/dp/0517887290

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)

I've seen that guy on tv...I'm assuming you've seen the show Ancient Aliens? I know there are quite a few quacks on there, but I honestly believe their general theory....that aliens visited the earth in the past in order to manipulate our development over time, to achieve their long-term goals.

I know it sounds insane, but honestly, if you take all the evidence in question, it is one of the only logical explanations.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
I've seen that guy on tv...I'm assuming you've seen the show Ancient Aliens? I know there are quite a few quacks on there, but I honestly believe their general theory....that aliens visited the earth in the past in order to manipulate our development over time, to achieve their long-term goals.

I know it sounds insane, but honestly, if you take all the evidence in question, it is one of the only logical explanations.

I have watched it for sure. My grandmother was a massive Art Bell follower too. I haven't gone quite that far, but at the same time, it is impossible to discount it completely. I enjoyed this book a lot because it took a very different middle of the road path between the aliens did everything, and the modern day humans are the only intelligent creatures to ever walk the earth crowds. It seemed most plausible of all of the different theories I have read over the years.