Adam Dunn is not done

soxfan-kwman

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the first game of 2011, Dunn now qualifies for the batting title with a .164 Batting Average and over 502 PA's. Congrats big man! He also crushed his next closest competitor by .046 pts. I find it amazing that he has not been intentionally walked since joining the Sox.

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/Com...P=0&MinCI=0

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Going back to the first game of 2011, Dunn now qualifies for the batting title with a .164 Batting Average and over 502 PA's. Congrats big man! He also crushed his next closest competitor by .046 pts. I find it amazing that he has not been intentionally walked since joining the Sox.

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/Com...P=0&MinCI=0

Adam Dunn since game 2: 5 for 30, .167, 14 K's, 1 Walk.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
16 K's in 35 ABs. At least this man is dedicated to something.

he is striking out at a worse rate than last year. i dont think he will ever be productive again

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
he is striking out at a worse rate than last year. i dont think he will ever be productive again

Like we said last year, most pitchers would hit better than Dunn given as many at bats.

Granted they wouldn't hit as many bombs as he did a year ago.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)

I still think he'll be better than last year, but apparently not much. The Sox might as well have me hit 3rd against LHP. Dunn has zero chance against them. Its really hard to believe he's this bad, but he must be. He's back to last year. I wonder how long they stick with it. The boo birds are about to become brutal.

Edited by Dick Allen

You know Robin is no dummy. He realizes Dunn has to bat 7th against lefties or 8th.

But will he make the move?

Prolly not for the same reasons Ozzie didn't.

It makes the GM look bad; it makes Dunn the highly paid whiff machine look bad.

It's easier to plant him third or fifth and watch him whiff and say, 'oh well.'

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
You know Robin is no dummy. He realizes Dunn has to bat 7th against lefties or 8th.

But will he make the move?

Prolly not for the same reasons Ozzie didn't.

It makes the GM look bad; it makes Dunn the highly paid whiff machine look bad.

It's easier to plant him third or fifth and watch him whiff and say, 'oh well.'

Ozzie didn't want to move him down to make the GM look bad, his ghost writer admitted that. I think Robin doesn't want to move him down because it could destroy any confidence he has. This situation is going to be a mess if he can't get it going soon, and there's really no reason to think he will, although he always has been pretty streaky.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Ozzie didn't want to move him down to make the GM look bad, his ghost writer admitted that. I think Robin doesn't want to move him down because it could destroy any confidence he has. This situation is going to be a mess if he can't get it going soon, and there's really no reason to think he will, although he always has been pretty streaky.

I feel a bit sorry for Walker reading (whether it's true or not, I'm not sure)

1) Our GM tried to challenge him to a fight, which I don't doubt because Williams is one of the least "professional" GM's out there...but Walk didn't take the bait and turned the other cheek.

2) That Reinsdorf, despite everything that transpired, wanted to keep Walker, too, this past off-season. That guy's loyalty knows almost no bounds.

In the end, Konerko's still great, with or without Walk. Beckham/Morel/Rios/Dunn are all the same or probably worse. DeAza's worse, mostly due to lack of walks/OBP. AJ's about the only one you can say has outperformed expectations...or Paulie.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 04:56 AM)

Good post.

The thing about confidence? Who cares? Last year should have destroyed his confidence, what does it matter now?

It's like worrying about offending Rios. I mean if we had a team leader who cared (maybe no team has a true leader anymore) somebody should ream Rios' ass for getting picked off on that Little League play.

I mean alias should tell us ... when is the last time somebody got picked off on that play?????

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Good post.

The thing about confidence? Who cares? Last year should have destroyed his confidence, what does it matter now?

It's like worrying about offending Rios. I mean if we had a team leader who cared (maybe no team has a true leader anymore) somebody should ream Rios' ass for getting picked off on that Little League play.

I mean alias should tell us ... when is the last time somebody got picked off on that play?????

Yeah, but I think as long as you have a little hope he can still be a force, you go with it. If you move him down now, you'll probably wind up releasing him soon after and eating more money than JR can stomach.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Good post.

At first, I was like what are Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper going to tell us? The architect of the Titanic (you'd have to watch the show with Victor Garber to get that)?

Elias Sports Bureau

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
At first, I was like what are Jennifer Garner and Bradley Cooper going to tell us? The architect of the Titanic (you'd have to watch the show with Victor Garber to get that)?

Elias Sports Bureau

Alias and Dunn are actually quite similar. They were both consistently good, then suddenly became historically bad.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)

He said it was the same reason that he didn't bench Rios.

Can't speak to whether Adam Dunn's strength is still where it was, but the Orioles announcers and replay made it painfully obvious last night that he's not close to timing anything, and that's his biggest problem right now. His swing starts way too late on the fastball and he's way out in front of anything offspeed.