2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

I actually think Dwight may have been sincere in his apology to Orlando. Maybe it took the whole sports world hating on him to realize, but in a post-The Decision NBA he deserve some credit for at least trying to stick it out.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus Camby traded to Houston for expiring deals(Thabeet and Flynn) and second round pick.

I think Camby was drafted when I was 2 ;)

Spurs Richard Jefferson to Golden State for SJax.

Ramon Sessions to Lakers for Luke Walton

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Derek Fisher to Houston for Jordan Hill AND a first round pick.

What the f***?

I just came here to post this.

How the f*** do the Lakers always benefit from s*** like this? How do they always get exactly what they want? How did that just happen? What the f*** what the f*** what the f***.

I don't get it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
I just came here to post this.

How the f*** do the Lakers always benefit from s*** like this? How do they always get exactly what they want? How did that just happen? What the f*** what the f*** what the f***.

I don't get it.

This is why I enjoyed the vetoed Paul trade.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
The Hornets are going to buy out Chris Kaman, and we all know where he'll wind up. I don't understand why the f*** teams keep giving the Heat players.

Kaman to the Heat is a very bad thing for the Bulls.

They can afford him with those 3 big contracts?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)

I'm sure they'll find a way to get him to take pennies on the dollar after they buy out the last chump who took less than market to sign with them.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)

Yeah, I dunno, they spent most of their MLE last year already and they're in tax territory as well. Veterans minimum somehow perhaps?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

The Clippers have traded for Washington's Nick Young as part of a three-way deal, source tells Y! Sports.

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Clippers acquire guard Nick Young from the Washington Wizards for forward Brian Cook and a pick, source tells Y! Sports.

As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)

The Clippers have traded for Washington's Nick Young as part of a three-way deal, source tells Y! Sports.

Clippers acquire guard Nick Young from the Washington Wizards for forward Brian Cook and a pick, source tells Y! Sports.

As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Now that's how you do a three team deal.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2344264.story

A trade of Carlos Boozer and C.J. Watson would've satisfied provisions of the collective bargaining agreement. The Lakers asked for Joakim Noah, another player believed to be either Watson or Taj Gibson and two first-round picks in exchange for Gasol.

Just like the Lakers. Bat sh*t crazy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)

Holy crap. Not sure I understand what Denver's really trying to do, but wow, a real deal actually got made today.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2344264.story

Just like the Lakers. Bat sh*t crazy.

There was no way the Bulls were going to trade Noah + Taj + picks for Gasol. That's straight up murder. Noah's actually been more productive this year than Gasol. In fact, Noah's been one of the most efficient players in the league this year according to WS/48.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
There was no way the Bulls were going to trade Noah + Taj + picks for Gasol. That's straight up murder. Noah's actually been more productive this year than Gasol. In fact, Noah's been one of the most efficient players in the league this year according to WS/48.

There's no way I'd toss Noah for Gasol straight up, let alone toss in a player and two 1st round picks. The Lakers suck.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
There's no way I'd toss Noah for Gasol straight up, let alone toss in a player and two 1st round picks. The Lakers suck.

However, we can be confident that people in Chicago will continue to blame the Bulls' GM for not getting a deal done for Gasol to help out the team this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
However, we can be confident that people in Chicago will continue to blame the Bulls' GM for not getting a deal done for Gasol to help out the team this year.

Only the dumb ones.

I can be a tad perturbed at the price paid for Nick Young, but whatever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)

Whenever you trade with the Lakers, you should know you'll get the s***ty end of the deal, they do not trade fairly, that's for sure.

f*** LA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)

You CAN and SHOULD blame Bulls management for their general trade ineptitude and inability to ever creatively improve the team. hamilton has shown his worthlessness, for example, so maybe creatively bringing in a little bit of scoring help without sacrificing too much woulda been nice. Just please don't ask me what that move shoulda been cuz I'm not a GM, nor to I get payed to be one, and fan trade scenarios always sound ridiculous anyways.

You can argue that they have the best record so no changes should be made, but I think that says more about Coach Thibs and the winning culture and coaching he's brought. Give him more a little bit more talent to work with instead of broken-down parts and he'll maximize it and be much more capable of getting past the big, obvious obstacle in our way...