2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 07:55 AM)
After watching the first quarter of that game I think pretty much everyone was thinking the same thing

But you know what they say about hindsight....

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)
The early parts of tonights game were awful but man it became a fun game to watch later on. Boozer had some nice plays when the Bulls started taking things over and Watson came up big time (albeit Dru Holiday torched him on the other end of the court). Kills me watching Deng play with one wrist. His shot just isn't the same.

Jrue

I knew it when he was sitting on a f***ing pad on the sidelines during the Heat game.

Derrick Rose (groin) still isn't doing any running.

The groin strain Rose suffered one week ago has proven to be much more severe than originally anticipated. He admitted that his groin is still tight and he doesn't know when he'll be back on the floor. The fact that Rose hasn't even been cleared to run yet is concerning and essentially rules out a return during the Bulls' two-game road trip that starts Monday night. Explosive backup C.J. Watson is shaping up as a strong play this week.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
I always liked Noc. Have the 76ers waived him? What kind of shape is he in? Is he still a solid defender and average to a little above average 3 point shooter?

Oh man, just say no to Noc.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Will the Bulls show interest in Fisher? He's a solid backup PG and given Rose's injury issues, it might make sense. Not sure what Thibb's thoughts are regarding Fish.

I'd imagine the Bulls wouldn't bother with him since Watson, JL 3, and even Mike James have stepped up.

Derek Fisher is a corpse.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Will the Bulls show interest in Fisher? He's a solid backup PG and given Rose's injury issues, it might make sense. Not sure what Thibb's thoughts are regarding Fish.

I enjoyed Bill Simmons take on it:

Bill Simmons ‏ @sportsguy33

Working against him: they've seen him play. MT @ESPNSteinLine: Source says Bulls are right at top of Derek Fisher's wish list.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
I always liked Noc. Have the 76ers waived him? What kind of shape is he in? Is he still a solid defender and average to a little above average 3 point shooter?

Buried in Philly. Got waived.

His Per36 numbers are basically the same, a little worse, but fine for what he'd provide.

- Enforcer

- Pisses Wade and LBJ off

- Stretch four if we go small

- Energy/heart

- Deng's BFF

I'd MUCH rather him than Scal at the end of the bench.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
I'd MUCH rather him than Scal at the end of the bench.

That would so absolutely never happen. Until they finally force Scal into a bench coach position, he's here as last man off the bench while Thibs is here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
That would so absolutely never happen. Until they finally force Scal into a bench coach position, he's here as last man off the bench while Thibs is here.

Or until we need someone to give a foul/piss Wade off.

Who can do it better?

Also NOC-I-ONI > SCAL-A-BRINE

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Or until we need someone to give a foul/piss Wade off.

Who can do it better?

Also NOC-I-ONI > SCAL-A-BRINE

Scalabrine really is one of the better minds on an NBA bench, and he's a good "clubhouse" guy. Noc would have no place here AND he'd provide no bench value. Sorry, if we're depending on Noc vs Wade and LeBron, season's over anyway. If the team liked their chemistry so much they refused to shake things up to go after a starting level SG, they sure aren't going to in order to bring in Andres Nocioni.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
I enjoyed Bill Simmons take on it:

Bill Simmons ‏ @sportsguy33

Working against him: they've seen him play. MT @ESPNSteinLine: Source says Bulls are right at top of Derek Fisher's wish list.

Isn't Derek Fisher literally dead? I seriously hope the Bulls have negative interest.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
Scalabrine really is one of the better minds on an NBA bench, and he's a good "clubhouse" guy. Noc would have no place here AND he'd provide no bench value. Sorry, if we're depending on Noc vs Wade and LeBron, season's over anyway. If the team liked their chemistry so much they refused to shake things up to go after a starting level SG, they sure aren't going to in order to bring in Andres Nocioni.

I'm not saying dump Scal, just make him the 13thback man over James or Scal, because he can at least be an enforcer.

Nice 3 by Deng puts the Bulls up 35-22. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

One thing I just heard that I never thought I'd hear... "Carlos Boozer has started all 47 games this year; the only player to do so for the Bulls."

"I'm going to start dedicating my time to free throws. I see now, that these games come down to 4-5 points."

Dwight Howard, 613 NBA games in, 5,651 free throws in, shooting under 50% from the line this year, claims he's going to dedicate himself to free throws. Yeah, I bet you'll also sign an extension with Orlando instead of dragging this out to the next deadline, right?