2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Pistons fan friend is trying to tell me that Joe Dumars is a good GM, that Ben Gordon was a good signing, that he could be the starting 2 on a championship team, and that contracts should be based off of their production BEFORE them and not AFTER them. My mind is boggled.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
My Pistons fan friend is trying to tell me that Joe Dumars is a good GM, that Ben Gordon was a good signing, that he could be the starting 2 on a championship team, and that contracts should be based off of their production BEFORE them and not AFTER them. My mind is boggled.

Pistons fans are idiots.

Scratch that.

Detroit fans are idiots.

If Toronto can get a top 3 pick in the draft with Jonas Valanciunas coming over next season also, that could be a playoff team next year.

They need Bargnani to stay healthy though.

Hamilton was also mentioned by Thibs as a game time decision.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...-denver-nuggets

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Monday that guard Derrick Rose officially is a game-time decision to face the Denver Nuggets on Monday, but it's a near certainty Rose will miss his seventh consecutive game with a groin injury.

Chicago Bulls Blog

Follow Derrick Rose and the Bulls.

Blog » Latest on Rose » Pics Photo Gallery

Rose just started running on a treadmill on Sunday, and while he said he's feeling better, Thibodeau has insisted he won't rush back the MVP.

"I really don't know," Rose said when asked if it's possible he'll play Monday. "It's day by day.

"It's getting better every day. I'm able to move a little bit more; getting treatment twice a day, so hopefully I'll be out there soon."

This will be the 17th game this season the 23-year-old will miss with a variety of injuries, including turf toe and back spasms.

He admitted that the injuries may be related.

"Probably so," Rose said. "When you think about it, it's all my lower body, and I think so, but hopefully after all this treatment and therapy I've been getting, it goes away."

The Bulls are 12-4 during Rose's absence.

"I'm trying to rush back as quick as possible, but [my] groin, this is my first time ever injuring that and it takes a little time," Rose said. "Every day it's getting better, but they're playing great without me, where they're rebounding the ball great. I think that's the reason we're winning these games because our rebounding ... but they're playing good."

But while the Bulls have been able to post the best record in the NBA, few would give them a chance to beat the Miami Heat in the playoffs without their captain. Rose may be fresher in the postseason after missing so many regular-season games.

"Hopefully, I missed a lot of games, man, so hopefully when I'm out there you see someone with fresh legs and with a lot of energy," he said. "I know my conditioning will be a concern, but hopefully the more games I play and get ready for the playoffs, I should be all right.

"Right when I feel that I'm ready, I'm going to go out there and play, no matter who says whatever, the call is up to me. Right when I feel like I'm 100 percent, or close to it, I'm going get out there and play."

Rose worked on more set shots after practice with assistant coach Ron Adams.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
This thread got boring =(

The Bulls keep winning, it gets boring really fast :headbang

Yeah, ever since J4L left, nobody else writes debate inducing posts like he did...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
The Bulls keep winning, it gets boring really fast :headbang

Yeah, ever since J4L left, nobody else writes debate inducing posts like he did...

And Felix.

DOST THOU ALL SEE WHAT HELL THEE HATH WROUGHT?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
They've each been called that every game that they've missed. I think it's just one of Thibs's things.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post...er-to-returning

Rip getting closer to returning

March, 26, 2012 3:04PM CT

By Nick Friedell

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls guard Rip Hamilton isn't ready to play in games just yet, but he is getting closer each day. The veteran guard, who injured his shoulder on March 5 and has played in just 16 games this season because of various injuries, is slowly working his way back to the lineup.

"He's getting closer and closer," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said after Monday morning's shoot-around. "He's doing well."

Hamilton, who admitted last week that he was still having a hard time holding his arm over his head, has started talking more jumpers during practice. While he hasn't started participating in contact practices yet, both Thibodeau and Bulls point guard Derrick Rose can see that Hamilton is feeling better.

"He's looking good," Rose said. "He's moving way better than I am right now. He's in practice. I'm just on the side just watching. But he's moving good. If anything, I think that he should be ready to play any given night."

Rose believes that Hamilton's shoulder injury has improved and he can tell the shooting guard is finding his shot again.

"It's good," Rose said. "He's shooting a lot of shots. You saw him over there after practice shooting. He's getting back to his regular self."

Hamilton is averaging 11 points and three assists a game this season.

I'm so f***ing sick of this season. I've never seen players get injured so often. The NBA should have gone for like 55 games instead of 66. The break-neck pace has made the on-court product suffer.

Yes, the Bulls are winning. However, is Rose going to play at all the rest of the year? Dude had a bleeding groin for Christ's sake. Rip Hamilton is a china doll. I don't think a single player save, somehow, Carlos Boozer, has been able to stay fully healthy this year. It makes me want to break things so hard all over people's faces.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm so f***ing sick of this season. I've never seen players get injured so often. The NBA should have gone for like 55 games instead of 66. The break-neck pace has made the on-court product suffer.

Yes, the Bulls are winning. However, is Rose going to play at all the rest of the year? Dude had a bleeding groin for Christ's sake. Rip Hamilton is a china doll. I don't think a single player save, somehow, Carlos Boozer, has been able to stay fully healthy this year. It makes me want to break things so hard all over people's faces.

Korver is the only player to play every game for Thibs.