2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
hmmm this has me thinkin....would you rather play the Knicks or the Bucks in the first round...With the addition of Ellis for the Bucks they could be a tough opponent but then again come playoff time Amare and Melo could actually play some ball together and be a tough team too....not that I think theyd lose either but the easier the matchup in the first the better lol

The Bulls will stomp either team.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
hmmm this has me thinkin....would you rather play the Knicks or the Bucks in the first round...With the addition of Ellis for the Bucks they could be a tough opponent but then again come playoff time Amare and Melo could actually play some ball together and be a tough team too....not that I think theyd lose either but the easier the matchup in the first the better lol

Don't forget, Amare' is also out because of a bulging disc. The Knicks playoff chances are basically on Melo ATM

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Don't forget, Amare' is also out because of a bulging disc. The Knicks playoff chances are basically on Melo ATM

Dude, you're forgetting that they still have the greatest rim defender and shot blocker of all time...TYSON CHANDLER.......

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 01:30 AM)

All I care about in that is that the Celtics wind up with either spot 3 or spot 7 and the Bulls wind up with spot 1. I don't want the Celtics in round 1 or 2 unless they have to.

Of course, the Pacers could be annoying too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Westbrook is just going to murder teh Bulls without Rose.

They just don't have the offensive firepower against the Thunder unless CJ or JL3 are going off, and CJ is brickign stuff.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
They just don't have the offensive firepower against the Thunder unless CJ or JL3 are going off, and CJ is brickign stuff.

THey have no one would can start to contain Westbrook, unless they move one of the big guards over.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
THey have no one would can start to contain Westbrook, unless they move one of the big guards over.

If they want to narrow this and have a shot, they need to contain everyone else, and just force Westbrook into traps. Hell, they have to practice against Rose...do whatever they do there.

This would have been a great game if the Bulls were healthy. I still expect them to start hitting a few more of those open looks at some poitn and close in a bit, but man, this would be heavyweights if the MVP were here.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
I know we are shorthanded offensively but the Thunder aren't having any problems scoring on the Bulls D...not a good sign.

The lack of Rose really hurts more than it shows when its 2 teams like this. The Thunder got out ahead early and then pushed their advantage.

Bulls are up 10 games on the Pacers, so barring an epic collapse they're guaranteed a top 4 seed. Sit Rose until he's absolutely 100%. There's nothing to be gained from him coming back and getting re-injured before the playoffs or in the first or second round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
Bulls are up 10 games on the Pacers, so barring an epic collapse they're guaranteed a top 4 seed. Sit Rose until he's absolutely 100%. There's nothing to be gained from him coming back and getting re-injured before the playoffs or in the first or second round of the playoffs.

If you want to feel better about this POV, they're clearly doing exactly this with Hamilton.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
If you want to feel better about this POV, they're clearly doing exactly this with Hamilton.

I really dont like it with Hamilton. The guy has played 14 games all season, it is do or die time now. He needs to get on the court and get back in a rhythm, time to take the kid gloves off. If he gets injured again, so be it, it wasnt meant to be.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)
I really dont like it with Hamilton. The guy has played 14 games all season, it is do or die time now. He needs to get on the court and get back in a rhythm, time to take the kid gloves off. If he gets injured again, so be it, it wasnt meant to be.

He said "Soreness but good soreness", a very Peavy-like statement, after a full-contact practice on Saturday. An extra 2-3 games won't be the end of the season for him if they wait.