2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
I enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman. It wasn't great, but it kept me entertained throughout its run. That's pretty good considering the only reason I saw it was the cast for the dwarfs.

I was so bored after the first half hour. When Charlize wasn't on the screen you had boring actors who couldn't convinc me they were cold in the north pole.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
I was so bored after the first half hour. When Charlize wasn't on the screen you had boring actors who couldn't convinc me they were cold in the north pole.

Kristen Stewart is obviously boring. But you're going to tell me that Chris Hemsworth, Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Nick Frost, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, and Ray Winstone are boring (and I'm guessing bad as well because they couldn't "convince you they were cold")?

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Kristen Stewart is obviously boring. But you're going to tell me that Chris Hemsworth, Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane, Nick Frost, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, and Ray Winstone are boring (and I'm guessing bad as well because they couldn't "convince you they were cold")?

They dwarfs were lame because they were used for dumb comic relief in the middle of, what was suppose to be, a serious dark movie.

Chris Hemsworth has roles he can pull off, but if you want to put him in a category of good actors, that's your opinion.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
Watching J. Edgar right now. Really odd movie. And the makeup is kinda awful.

I thought it wasn't bad.

But Eastwood's had some clunkers recently, Hereafter didn't do well, either.

Gran Torino is one of my all-time faves, though, of his more recent work.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Thinking I'll go catch a few movies tomorrow since I have some time off.

MIBIII, Avengers (for the 2nd time), Battleship, The Dictator...need to choose.

Out of those, having already gone to Avengers, it would The Dictator by a nose over MIBIII (although Josh Brolin was ALMOST worth the price of admission).

Based on what I am reading off of fansites for Prometheus, you'll

either hate it or say it's a disappointment because it's not quite Alien, but then it is. Also the plot has "some" holes.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
Based on what I am reading off of fansites for Prometheus, you'll

either hate it or say it's a disappointment because it's not quite Alien, but then it is. Also the plot has "some" holes.

Currently at 80% on RT.

I'm going in with tempered expectations and hope that they're exceeded.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
Currently at 80% on RT.

I'm simply assuming it's going to be the best sci-fi movie I've seen in years and will possibly make my wife piss herself.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
Currently at 80% on RT.

I'm going in with an open mind and not expecting Alien. It seems the disappointment comes from it not being Alien even though Scott said it's not Alien.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)

Does Ian McShane act like the Ian McShane playing Al Swearingen minus the cuss words? I've seen him in 3 productions post-Deadwood and he's the same character (Pillars of the Earth, that TV show Kings and Pirates 4)

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
MIBIII exceeded my expectations but quite a bit. Josh Brolin is awesome. And it had just enough funny in it to break up the action. The ending was spectacular in my opinion.

Agree with all of this post.

In fact, I think I liked it better than Avengers, in terms of overall experience.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Agree with all of this post.

In fact, I think I liked it better than Avengers, in terms of overall experience.

I wouldn't go that far. Avengers was incredible.

Avengers > MIBIII

Actually, all three Men in Black films, even the first.

If anyone gets really bored and wants some gratuitious T&A fun, check out Hassel the Hoff and David (Anchorman) Koechner in Piranha 3DD. I want to say it was so bad it was funny, but it was just bad bad bad. Well, at least it was free to watch online. Still wondering why they made the last Piranha movie, let alone this one. With the proliferation of XXX movies on the internet, there's just no way to "shock" or interest teenagers anymore, like when I was growing up in the 80's, movies like Flashdance, The Blue Lagoon or Tarzan with Bo Derek were titillating entertainment. The Girls Gone Wild generation.

Speaking of vicious fish, just watched JAWS II on HBO last night and that movie really doesn't stand the test of time at all.

Give me a movie like DUEL or HIGH NOON any day of the week over most of those late 70's/early 80's flicks (not counting Star Wars, until you get to ET, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and the Raiders of the Lost Ark movies).

Edited by caulfield12