2012 Films Thread

knightni

Liked END OF WATCH. Found a couple of parts over the top, even though I have no clue what the LAPD life is like.

My buddy is down in Texas for Fantastic Fest and tells me CLOUD ATLAS is amazing and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 was a disappointment but they only screened a work print and could change. Says it totally ignores the mythology, which is lame.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 05:23 AM)
Liked END OF WATCH. Found a couple of parts over the top, even though I have no clue what the LAPD life is like.

My buddy is down in Texas for Fantastic Fest and tells me CLOUD ATLAS is amazing and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 was a disappointment but they only screened a work print and could change. Says it totally ignores the mythology, which is lame.

End of Watch was done by the same guy who did Training Day, right? so... having some cool parts, and a lot of laughably over the top parts, would be expected.

The preview for Cloud Atlas was pretty amazing, I am looking forward to that. I didn't think it was out yet though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2708111:date=Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:25 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
<!--quotec-->

I'm getting old, I guess, because that looks terrible.

Eh, you like that terrible Challenge show . Your tastes are obviously skewed ;)

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
I think I've seen less than half of the movies/scenes on that list.

A few of them I know of the scene but have never actually seen the full movie. Like the Casablanca one or the Taxi Driver.

Cassablanca is, objectively, one of the greatest, nearly perfect films ever made — whether by 1942 standard or 2012 standards. The direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, and the on-screen performances are watershed achievements. See it. Love it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
That looks like one of those stupid "Valentines Day" movies where there is a huge cast and its random romantic nonsense. Except this time its just random off color humor.

We shall see if it some how works together.

Yea, or a Scary Movie/Epic Movie type movie. It looks like a bunch of stereotype movies with random humor. The basketball pep talk had me cracking up

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
That looks like one of those stupid "Valentines Day" movies where there is a huge cast and its random romantic nonsense. Except this time its just random off color humor.

We shall see if it some how works together.

This isn't even the full cast, but check this list out.....

Elizabeth Banks

Hugh Jackman

Emma Stone

Naomi Watts

Gerard Butler

Kristen Bell

Anna Faris

Kate Winslet

Richard Gere

Uma Thurman

Seann William Scott

Chris Pratt

Justin Long

Halle Berry

Christopher Mintz-Plasse

Josh Duhamel

Liev Schreiber

Kate Bosworth

Jason Sudeikis

Johnny Knoxville

Tony Shalhoub

Jack McBrayer

Terrance Howard

Woah.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Just saw Looper. Movie is such a mind trip! Reminds me of Inception in the fact that I can't stop thinking about it hours after I saw it, and now with all these theories about

Cid actually being Joe

, I can't stop reading online discussions about what truly went on.

That theory makes no sense.