2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)
Watching The Grey right now. Jesus this is a loud movie. I have to turn the volume up to hear the talking scenes, and then wolves jump out of no where and blow my speakers and make me crap my shorts.

You need to adjust the sound levels on your end.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
How can I have it adjust the dialogue scenes louder, and the action scenes quieter?

There should be options on whatever device you are watching through. I don't know your setup - if you have surround, you turn the center speaker up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
There should be options on whatever device you are watching through. I don't know your setup - if you have surround, you turn the center speaker up.

Computer speakers. I have my HDTV in my room set-up as a dual monitor, so I just download movies and then drag them over to my TV to watch them. Only problem is that the sound comes out of the computer speakers, so I have to run up and change the volume if it gets too loud or too quiet.

"Total Recall" is well-crafted, high energy sci-fi. Like all stories inspired by Philip K. Dick, it deals with intriguing ideas. It never touched me emotionally, though, the way the 1990 film did, and strictly speaking, isn't necessary.

Ebert short review....and he actually liked it, although not as much as the first.

Only 4 positive reviews so far, 18 negs...although I guess watching Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale in the same flick is somewhat worthwhile

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)

Interesting article, but no way, not as far as I'm concerned. It's great and I'm a big fan (saw the 70mm restored version back in the day), but it really hasn't aged well at all; there are aspects of it that are so dated they seem silly.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny