2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
Caught up on a few rentals this weekend:

Jeff, Who Lives at Home - Meh. Tried to be deep and interesting, ultimately fell flat. Characters were not interesting enough and the story was weak, especially Susan Sarandan's storyline. C-

War Horse - Solid but not spectacular. I was weirded out too much with that kids' love of that horse. Still, well done all around and it kept me engaged to the end. B

The Grey - Liam Neeson is the s***. Liked this one a lot. Not too keen on the ending, seemed a little abrupt, but overall the movie was great.

Anyone else see the post-credit shot of him laying on top of the alpha wolf? I guess that's a hint that he won?

I'd give it an A-

Yeah, The Grey was f***ing awesome.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
The worst case was when they cast Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble in the Fred Flinstone movie back in the 90's. Totally ruined Betty for me (I had a crush on her as a little kid) and the producers should've gotten shot for that one.

Do you think that might have been the worst movie of all time? It was so bad it can't be described.

Why do producers think a movie will work just because they try to get a good impersonation going?

I still remember hearing the Betty giggle in that movie. I could puke. Big deal. One of the Baldwin brothers looked like Barney.

Just put Dana Carvey on the screen and let him do impressions for two hours.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Olivia Munn used to host a tech show on G4 and it was SOOOOO obvious she was there simply to be T&A... not that I minded.

I really wanted to watch her last night because I think she is amazingly hot, but her personality made me change the channel. Then I would turn it back hoping for something else and again, she sucks. So disappointing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Do you think that might have been the worst movie of all time? It was so bad it can't be described.

Why do producers think a movie will work just because they try to get a good impersonation going?

I still remember hearing the Betty giggle in that movie. I could puke. Big deal. One of the Baldwin brothers looked like Barney.

Just put Dana Carvey on the screen and let him do impressions for two hours.

You lost me, Greg, wasn't it Rick Moranis who played Barney?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah, The Grey was f***ing awesome.

I must be missing something about this movie because I've heard so many people talk about how great it was but I fell asleep watching it because I got bored.

I didn't think I would like it based on the previews but my wife wanted to watch it. She didn't think it was all that good either.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
I must be missing something about this movie because I've heard so many people talk about how great it was but I fell asleep watching it because I got bored.

I didn't think I would like it based on the previews but my wife wanted to watch it. She didn't think it was all that good either.

I'm with you.

Taken > The Grey > Unknown

SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, awesome...one of my 2-3 favorites of the year now.

Ms. Plaza really grows on you. The next Ellen Page or the next Emma Stone, we'll see. Spliced in with a little Sarah Silverstone. She has a quality about her....hard to describe. She's not beautiful or conventionally, Hollywood-y "hottie," but she has something unique about her.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Taken > The Grey > Unknown

SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, awesome...one of my 2-3 favorites of the year now.

Ms. Plaza really grows on you. The next Ellen Page or the next Emma Stone, we'll see. Spliced in with a little Sarah Silverstone. She has a quality about her....hard to describe. She's not beautiful or conventionally, Hollywood-y "hottie," but she has something unique about her.

I have a friend who is in love with her. He first loved her in Mystery Team, and then again in Parks and Rec.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
There are a few movies at Comic-con that I want to seer trailers for. Elysium, Pacific Rim and Man of Steel specifically

I thought the trailer for Man of Steel was great. I really think they are gonna get Superman right this time.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
I thought the trailer for Man of Steel was great. I really think they are gonna get Superman right this time.

There's no getting Superman right. He's the most boring character, not only in comics, but in the history of fictional characters.

"The Hulk is super strong"

"Yeah, but Superman is stronger"

"The Flash is super fast"

"But Superman is faster"

He's the equivalent of that kid we all knew growing up that had to top everyone's stories. There's no good drama with that character.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
There's no getting Superman right. He's the most boring character, not only in comics, but in the history of fictional characters.

"But Superman is faster"

He's the equivalent of that kid we all knew growing up that had to top everyone's stories. There's no good drama with that character.

I think the Hulk is actually stronger and Flash is actually faster... just they don't have everything else Superman brings.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)

"But Superman is faster"

But he was killed* by Doomsday!!

*knocked into a temporary cure-nap

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)

I haven't enjoyed a Zack Snyder movie yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
I haven't enjoyed a Zack Snyder movie yet.

He definitely is unique in his directing style, but I enjoyed both 300 and Watchmen. Dawn of the Dead was ok and I haven't seen his other 2 movies, given that Nolan will be heavily involved I think between the two it should be a great movie. I couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of the last Superman movie before having to turn it off.