2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
For the immature Pervs, like myself, my buddy tells me Olivia Munn goes topless in MAGIC MIKE.

Topless? S***. After reading those texts she supposedly sent to Captain Kirk, there's more interesting about her than her t***. FYI, if I was Chris Pine, I would've gladly obliged her after I picked up the pieces of my exploded head.

SAVAGES is freaking awesome.

One of the best movies of the year.

And Blake Lively...never a huge fan of hers, but that was one of her best performances. Taylor Kitsch was actually decent even. Del Toro was right up there with one of his most detestable performances.

Stone still has it, occasionally, at least, despite all the conspiracy theory stuff.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 01:24 AM)
Topless? S***. After reading those texts she supposedly sent to Captain Kirk, there's more interesting about her than her t***. FYI, if I was Chris Pine, I would've gladly obliged her after I picked up the pieces of my exploded head.

I hear she gets around. From Timberlake to...Brett Ratner, oy ve.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Meh. I owned a 19 inch tv until last year.

If was a tube TV, those things last. Somewhere on the planet there's a couple of Montgomery Ward 13 TVs we gave away that are probably still working.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 01:34 AM)
In all fairness, it's "films thread."

Not defined as going to the theatre, IMAX, internet, cable, free/network tv.

Otherwise, we'd have a specific thread for "theatre movie experiences," wouldn't we?

And I do think most of us are pretty good about mentioning whether a 3D movie is worth the upcharge, vs. 2-D.

Joe didn't tell anyone to go to the Dollar Cinemas, or I guess they're $2-3 or "super savers" now.

Sometimes in China, in Shanghai, you can pay $15-20 for a non 3D movie, and nobody bats an eye. It's all based on how important you view going to a movie versus the convenience of downloading and watching on the internet with a smaller screen and diminished audio effects.

There's definitely a market there. When you look at the iTunes model that's more foolish than going to a theater. The price isn't much different and it's burdened by having a proprietary format requiring a proprietary player and other authorization crap.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
That is kind of the funny point though. They got a natural blonde (Dunst) to play a redhead, and they got a natural redhead(Stone) to play a blonde. Different times and movies, i know, but it is kind of goofy

Emma Stone is actually a natural blonde.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter getting 3 stars from Roger Ebert. I can't wait to see this movie. looks entertaining...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
It was awesome.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:46 AM)
Is everyone joking about the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movie?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
My boss was telling me there is another one where he is a zombie killer or something...was on pay-per-view recently. He was describing it and I was like "how f***ing drunk was he when he watched it, because I'm positive it's about killing vampires, not zombies." Then he starts talking about how at the end he gets John Wilkes Booth to assassinate him because he can't die as a zombie, and I knew we must be talking about two different things.

I just got back from watching it. Shack, your drunk boss was full of s***.

I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. Pretty good. Not great.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
SAVAGES is freaking awesome.

One of the best movies of the year.

And Blake Lively...never a huge fan of hers, but that was one of her best performances. Taylor Kitsch was actually decent even. Del Toro was right up there with one of his most detestable performances.

Stone still has it, occasionally, at least, despite all the conspiracy theory stuff.

That, my friend, is great to hear, I will be going to see it tomorrow!

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
150 percent agree. It made them look like campy crap

After watching it I just thought about Spider-Man 3 and was like, jesus what a piece of s*** that movie was. And then thinking of the Green Goblin from the first one.. oh boy.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
After watching it I just thought about Spider-Man 3 and was like, jesus what a piece of s*** that movie was. And then thinking of the Green Goblin from the first one.. oh boy.

I loved Spiderman 2, but the Lizard just shot past Doc Ock in my opinion. And I read somewhere that Spiderman fights more spider-like in this movie, and that was spot on. Especially in the school fight scene.

Caught up on a few rentals this weekend:

Jeff, Who Lives at Home - Meh. Tried to be deep and interesting, ultimately fell flat. Characters were not interesting enough and the story was weak, especially Susan Sarandan's storyline. C-

War Horse - Solid but not spectacular. I was weirded out too much with that kids' love of that horse. Still, well done all around and it kept me engaged to the end. B

The Grey - Liam Neeson is the s***. Liked this one a lot. Not too keen on the ending, seemed a little abrupt, but overall the movie was great.

Anyone else see the post-credit shot of him laying on top of the alpha wolf? I guess that's a hint that he won?

I'd give it an A-

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Dude, I had no idea they are remaking ROBOCOP, siiiiiiick!

I had a big smile on my face when i saw the ED-209 destroy that tank. And I love the end of the commercial hinting at Robocop, cannot wait to see him

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
See all three.

Saw Savages last night, decent flick.

I think I will.

I started with Savages. Enjoyed it. Pretty intense. Maybe just a tad bit too long?

Good acting. I might get flamed for this, but I've always enjoyed Travolta.

I'd give Savages a thumbs up. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but very enjoyable.

I'll go see Ted tomorrow or the following day.

Enjoy getting a couple days off in the steamy midwest.

MOONRISE KINGDOM, highly recommended....like Super 8 combined with Stand By Me with the usual Anderson twist

Interested in seeing FLIGHT (D. Washington, pilot does a Sully Sullinger but it later turns out he was under the influence of alcohol, even though he ends up saving everyone with an unbelieveable landing nobody else could have pulled off, drunk or sober) and the new Ben Affleck one (ARGO) about the Iranian hostage crisis based on true events supposedly....with John Goodman, Bryan Cranston and Alan Arkin, among others....they have to pretend to be a Canadian film crew shooting a movie in Iran and sneak out with everyone in the country still looking for them