2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Yea ended up watching it last night for the first time as well, I thought it was really well done.

The Prestige and The Illusionist are 2 of my favorite movies. Very similar in subject, and I thought were both really good magic/mystery movies. I always get them mixed up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
The Prestige and The Illusionist are 2 of my favorite movies. Very similar in subject, and I thought were both really good magic/mystery movies. I always get them mixed up.

I think they also came out at right about the same time as well, so that probably doesn't help.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Yeah it cant be explained. They turned Mary Jane into plain Jane Dunst. Its the same with X-Men casting Rogue, who was supposed to be super hot (arguably hotter than Phoenix), yet she is played by Anna Pacquin, who is not nearly as attractive as Femke Janssen.

The casting for Snow White was the worst. Kristen Stewart better than Charlize Theron? GTFO.

Neighborhood Watch with Stiller, Vaughn and Hill looks like it won't be that good...we'll see.

Didn't they change the plot around after the T. Martin case, or was it simply the release date?

Armaggedon and Deep Impact, two movies that get confused as well because of their respective release dates.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Neighborhood Watch with Stiller, Vaughn and Hill looks like it won't be that good...we'll see.

Didn't they change the plot around after the T. Martin case, or was it simply the release date?

Armaggedon and Deep Impact, two movies that get confused as well because of their respective release dates.

They changed the name of the movie, not the plot.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm not buying bluray until they eliminate dvd.

Why, it's 10x better quality?

I'm watching "The Prestige" for the second night in a row. I really forgot how great this movie was and probably didn't appreciate it in 2006. It's so f***ing brilliant. Christopher Nolan is a genius.

I will be sad when he's done with Batman (t-minus 15 days), but I am also excited for him having even more time. The f***er put out "Inception" between Batman projects.

MORE MORE MORE

Okay.

HOpe you didn't get your name from John or Joe Carter.

Will try Savages today, looks like a "good" Stone movie and better than most of his recent claptrap. Moonrise Kingdom is the other possibility.

I'm going to have to vote no on the new Woody Allen, although Midnight in Paris was excellent. Allen's doing all of his movies with European settings recently.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
Okay.

HOpe you didn't get your name from John or Joe Carter.

Will try Savages today, looks like a "good" Stone movie and better than most of his recent claptrap. Moonrise Kingdom is the other possibility.

I'm going to have to vote no on the new Woody Allen, although Midnight in Paris was excellent. Allen's doing all of his movies with European settings recently.

Nope, it would be my sons name. Who also happens to share a birthday with THE one and only, steve

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
The Amazing Spider-Man was SO much better than the three previous Spider-Mans.

Made them look lame as hell in comparison.

150 percent agree. It made them look like campy crap