2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Ok.

Is this supposed to mean something to me? Because it doesn't.

I'm just sayin' man, let those people who choose Apple do whatever the hell they want. If they want a lesser device for more money, more power to them. There's no use in going on a rant or anti-Apple campaign. It's literally pointless. You're not going to change the opinion of some Apple fanboy.

It sure as hell won't bother me when they brag about it. Because I know that their iPhone or iPad isn't really all that great.

Edited by chw42

lol

Anyone trashing an iPhone has obviously never owned one. Its literally one of the greatest things I have ever owned.

I can watch my MLB.tv on it, I have legit games, Netflix, a butt load of music.. it does so much, that's why people say "iPhone" and not just cell phone. A regular cell phone is a piece of s*** compared to an iPhone.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
lol

Anyone trashing an iPhone has obviously never owned one. Its literally one of the greatest things I have ever owned.

I can watch my MLB.tv on it, I have legit games, Netflix, a butt load of music.. it does so much, that's why people say "iPhone" and not just cell phone. A regular cell phone is a piece of s*** compared to an iPhone.

Android has these things as well.

lol

Android does all of that without the limitations iOS presents.

lol

You just described what is known as a "smart phone". In case you are wondering, other companies besides Apple makes these crazy devices.

While I agree with Joe, damn he's mad.

And I mainly hate Apple because I had to drop money on a MacBook at Mizzou (required for Journalism school). It's basically been a $2000+ GarageBand for me. It does nothing my PC can't do aside from GarageBand for me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
While I agree with Joe, damn he's mad.

And I mainly hate Apple because I had to drop money on a MacBook at Mizzou (required for Journalism school). It's basically been a $2000+ GarageBand for me. It does nothing my PC can't do aside from GarageBand for me.

Wow, requiring a MacBook for journalism school should be a crime since most who graduate won't recoup that cost.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
It does nothing my PC can't do aside from GarageBand for me.

i like how i can access shady pr0n sites where you click a vid and it tries to be sneaky and download some .exe file onto my mac. Silly Macbook, y u no recognize .exe files??!!

So is anyone playing Diablo 3, other than me?

Game has a pretty serious 'insanity' leap later in the game, going from easy to somewhat challenging to off the charts impossible.

I'm now on Inferno Act 2.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)

Game has a pretty serious 'insanity' leap later in the game, going from easy to somewhat challenging to off the charts impossible.

i was playing the living hell out of it until i got this job. I plan on playing more of it once i get used to this new sleep schedule. Ive heard about that difficulty leap and how it makes certain classes worthless.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)

Monk on Inferno Act 2. I think I need to make a new character. Monk/Barb is too difficult in Inferno right now unless you put in monster hours to farm gold and get the best gear from the Auction House.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:48 AM)
Monk on Inferno Act 2. I think I need to make a new character. Monk/Barb is too difficult in Inferno right now unless you put in monster hours to farm gold and get the best gear from the Auction House.

I'm a Wizard...and my numbers still aren't high enough, but I'm getting there...

I have close to 6000 armor and 500-600 on all of my resistances (w/prismatic energy shield up), and 1400 health regen per sec.

My 2 hander is a 1200 dps sword.

Even with all that, I need MORE damage mitigation on Inferno act 2.

I agree...I don't play enough to farm gold/gear to make enough money to gear myself for these later acts on Inferno...and I don't really want too. Despite what I have now, it's still not good enough.

Edit: Friend me in game if you want -- y2hh@mafia.org is my battle.net ID.

Edited by Y2HH

I'm on nightmare act 3 with a demon hunter. I get killed by any mob bigger than 4-5 guys, so I end up dying a lot. I nearly threw my mouse through the monitor I was so tired of it. I haven't been playing since. They really need to tweak the settings.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
I'm on nightmare act 3 with a demon hunter. I get killed by any mob bigger than 4-5 guys, so I end up dying a lot. I nearly threw my mouse through the monitor I was so tired of it. I haven't been playing since. They really need to tweak the settings.

Demon Hunters are the strongest class right now. ;)

Sounds like you need to unlock your spells so you can use more defensive cooldowns...rather than the way they, by default, force you into certain spell choices for your abilities bar.

Edit: Disable "elective mode" in your settings so you can choose whatever spells you want, rather than being forced into "offensive" "defensive", etc.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Just because you know how an Apple product will work doesn't mean you know no other product will work better.

Before any of you bought an Apple iPod, did you look in to what Microsoft, Creative, Rio, iRiver, Dell, Sandisk, Sony, Archos, or others had to offer? Hell, I bet you have never even seen one of those in your life, yet you probably just blindly bought your iPod without looking in to any of the others, which were PROBABLY cheaper.

Yeah, an iPod will work just fine, but a smart buyer will look in to the other options available, and not just go with the one they see on TV the most. Not saying none of you considered other options, but I would bet MOST people did not, and even if they did, the "Do I really want to be seen with something that isn't an ipod?" probably crossed their mind.

Actually yes, I owned quite a few mp3 players before I bought an ipod touch and a couple years later my iphone. And all of them sucked compared to the touch, and I researched the Zune extensively before buying the touch. It was only about $20 cheaper, but didn't come with a lot of what I wanted at the time.

So yea, you can stop implying that people are idiots and drones for buying Apple products, because they are pretty damn good.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Demon Hunters are the strongest class right now. ;)

Sounds like you need to unlock your spells so you can use more defensive cooldowns...rather than the way they, by default, force you into certain spell choices for your abilities bar.

How do you unlock spells without proceeding through the story though and leveling up? Run around killing mobs? I need to get online and find the "best" mix of talents/skills to be using.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
How do you unlock spells without proceeding through the story though and leveling up? Run around killing mobs? I need to get online and find the "best" mix of talents/skills to be using.

I mean "unlock" elective mode.

Elective mode forces you into choosing spells in "EZ mode". Meaning, for this slot you have to have this type of spell, for this slot you have to have that type of spell...

If you shut off elective mode, you can have nothing but offensive spells if that's what you want...you aren't forced into choosing a certain "class" of spell/skill.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)

You shouldn't have much trouble with Nightmare. I'm guessing you're undergeared. Head to the Auction House.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
You just described what is known as a "smart phone". In case you are wondering, other companies besides Apple makes these crazy devices.

No s*** kid. I was talking about iPhone in comparison to a regular cell phone, not every phone.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)

No, you don't unlock spells (and their runes) without leveling up ... what you can do is unlock your bars so you can place any sort of talent in that slot, versus the ones they -- by default -- lock you into choosing. Without doing this, the game is practically impossible on higher levels.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
No s*** kid. I was talking about iPhone in comparison to a regular cell phone, not every phone.

It's 2012, regular cell phones are basically smart phones.

Why would you even bother to compare a Motrola Razr with an iPhone? Totally different era.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
It's 2012, regular cell phones are basically smart phones.

Why would you even bother to compare a Motrola Razr with an iPhone? Totally different era.

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/DROID...d=mobile-phones

:whichway

Also, I do love my iPod. I just am the one person in the world who, when I have a problem with one, the Apple Store hates apparently.