2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Madden on the PS3 Bears are pretty good 5 games in. I preordered and got John Madden and Barry Sanders free included with a code. Madden is the Bears coach and I am in a career connected mode!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
I only played for a little but the game is all-right. Passing is more fine tuned. Im really annoyed with the loss of franchise and the fact it doesnt appear that you can play multiple teams offline.

Ill know more when I get a chance to really break it in.

I should have read your post before posting my questions earlier but if this is true I have literally no interest in buying this game. Shocking that the worst company in America would f*** up a game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
Really pleased with Madden. Game surpassed expectations.

Game seems a lot more realistic this year. I played 10 min quarters with accelerated play clock down to 12 seconds and won the game 28-16. Realistic scores FTW.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Game seems a lot more realistic this year. I played 10 min quarters with accelerated play clock down to 12 seconds and won the game 28-16. Realistic scores FTW.

What difficulty level? And its kind of early to be stating this. Unless the cpu cheats there really is no way to prevent 70-7 scores, even at all madden level (and that is with 5 minute clock no acceleration or 7 minute with).

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
The passing is better in Madden but everything else is the same or worse. The physics are a joke.

When I first read that they used a similar system to the FIFA 12 physics engine I laughed. Supposedly the Madden version is a bit refined, but yeah, it's bad.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
I wasn't going to get it anyway, but if they removed traditional franchise mode, then I DEFINITELY won't get it.

From what I've read, franchise mode as we know it is still there - they just called it something else.

I'm still waiting on my amazon pre-order, first time I've bought the game in like 5 years.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 04:49 AM)
When I first read that they used a similar system to the FIFA 12 physics engine I laughed. Supposedly the Madden version is a bit refined, but yeah, it's bad.

Well, to me it's better. Still some awkward tackles, but it makes a lot more sense when the rb runs into the lineman. It looks more realistic, less like zelda walking into a wall

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 05:30 PM)
What difficulty level? And its kind of early to be stating this. Unless the cpu cheats there really is no way to prevent 70-7 scores, even at all madden level (and that is with 5 minute clock no acceleration or 7 minute with).

All-pro