2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Madden is one of the few games I've ever seen have a one-star review status on amazon. People simply hate not having the franchise mode.

My buddies in afghanistan are quite perturbed that M13 is catered towards the online player with Madden Ultimate Team and Connected Careers online. Its crazy that there has to be two separate roster updates, one for Play Now mode which were just released, and one for Connected Careers that are being released next week. Im fine with my NCAA 13. Going back to it after playing Madden makes it seem so much more polished, even the menu's are 2x more responsive.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
My buddies in afghanistan are quite perturbed that M13 is catered towards the online player with Madden Ultimate Team and Connected Careers online. Its crazy that there has to be two separate roster updates, one for Play Now mode which were just released, and one for Connected Careers that are being released next week. Im fine with my NCAA 13. Going back to it after playing Madden makes it seem so much more polished, even the menu's are 2x more responsive.

I guess you cant create players, rosters or have a fantasy draft. Those are BIG for alot of people. I'm going to stick with NCAA as well.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
My buddies in afghanistan are quite perturbed that M13 is catered towards the online playe.

Exactly. Madden is the game where you and your friends play in person. Online is okay, but its nothing like being in the same room with your opponent.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
I dont need a twitter feed to tell me whats going on in my game, with my imagination and some prescription adderall, i make my own storylines for my recruits i.e. my great 4 star white hype RB from New York that came to Pitt and went on to break every school rushing record :headbang

Ever since 1999 my friends and I create leagues where we screw around with rosters and then run a franchise as far into the future as we can before getting bored.

Now we cant do that because the whole point is getting messed up together, not sitting at home drinking by myself as I play online.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
I guess you cant create players, rosters or have a fantasy draft. Those are BIG for alot of people. I'm going to stick with NCAA as well.

Wait seriously? I haven't been paying attention to madden or thought about buying it. But why would they take those out? There's literally no reason to do that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Madden is one of the few games I've ever seen have a one-star review status on amazon. People simply hate not having the franchise mode.

I wish I would have seen this post before I got the game. Franchise mode is indeed f***ed up now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
Are you guys mindless? Start a coach career and its the same as franchise, but way more in depth and fun. Coach career = old franchise.

no full team draft though. unless i can't find it. that was the first thing i tried to do haha.

i'll have to see how coach mode goes before i can judge. just beat the Colts.

Edited by mr_genius

I miss being able to hire/fire coaches, set the offensive/defensive schemes, move players to different positions. I dont feel like I have total control of my franchise outside of signing Free Agents and drafting.

What I think is sad is that next years' EA Sports games will most likely be the last ones on this platform (xbox 360 & PS3) and the improvement hasn't wowed me yet since the start of this generation of consoles. I remember how in-depth the NCAA football games were for PS2 and Xbox, you could even go far back and look at things like High School stats for players. Maybe once 2K gets to make football games again we'll start to see serious improvements.

I had fun with the FIFA 13 demo. The flow seemed a bit better, but some of the changes they bragged about didn't show up as much as I expected. The new first touch engine only comes into play when you make a crappy pass or try something ambitious, which was always true but now it makes a bigger difference. The impact engine seems less stupid, but that will require further testing to see if the dumb rag doll collisions still show up.

I think it's a bit like FIFA 12 2.0. I stepped right in at world class and tied the first 2 games and then won 2-0 in the third. All the same old tricks work, but the teammate AI seemed much better. I'd complain about it being a touch up of last year, but last year's game drove me insane before I finally sold it a few months ago so I'm happy that it cleans up most of my complaints so far.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 02:23 AM)
I had fun with the FIFA 13 demo. The flow seemed a bit better, but some of the changes they bragged about didn't show up as much as I expected. The new first touch engine only comes into play when you make a crappy pass or try something ambitious, which was always true but now it makes a bigger difference. The impact engine seems less stupid, but that will require further testing to see if the dumb rag doll collisions still show up.

I think it's a bit like FIFA 12 2.0. I stepped right in at world class and tied the first 2 games and then won 2-0 in the third. All the same old tricks work, but the teammate AI seemed much better. I'd complain about it being a touch up of last year, but last year's game drove me insane before I finally sold it a few months ago so I'm happy that it cleans up most of my complaints so far.

I never had a problem with last years game. Not sure if I'm going to get FIFA 13 or not. I only play online so I'll wait and see how many people continue playing 12 online I guess.

Wii U 8 GB $299.99, 32 GB 349.99 with charging cradle for controller.

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.6 inches deep and 6.75 inches long.

Weight: Approximately 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg)

CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core processor

GPU: AMD Radeon-based High Definition GPU

Storage: Wii U uses an internal flash memory (8 GB with the Basic Set; 32 GB with the Deluxe Set) for data storage. It also supports SDHC memory cards and external USB storage.

Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs. Wii U optical discs have a 25 GB data capacity.

Networking: Wii U can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Audio Output: Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

Energy Efficiency: Wii U utilizes specially designed power-saving features to lower its energy consumption.

Wii Compatibility: Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.

Wii U GamePad: Wii U GamePad

The Wii U GamePad controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world.

It also offers a new way for viewers to engage with their favorite entertainment. The GamePad incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button.

The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality.

It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).

Other Controllers: The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

Super Mario Brothers Wii

Launch Games

back to your regularly scheduled PS3/Xbox talk