2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 01:22 AM)
About to pop Assassin's Creed III in the PS3. This should be awesome.

I preordered it yesterday, but probably won't pop that b**** open until Thursday or Friday. I rented Revelations today, so I need to beat that one first. I'm about 50% done, I would surmise.

Too much schoolwork and projects to get done by Wednesday and Thursday, which is partially why I am still up at 3 am working on a video project as I type.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Made the mistake of assuming Best Buy would get my copy of AC3 to me on release day like Amazon does. Instead, it won't arrive here until Saturday. Bahhh.

I ordered the Vita bundle for AC Liberation from Best Buy and it arrived before release day. Luck of the draw I guess.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 02:46 AM)
How is it?

Haven't played Liberation yet, but the Vita itself is an impressive device. It's surprisingly light and when I was killing time in a Panera today I noticed that I actually found it better to browse on the web that my iphone because of the bigger touch screen and similar interface.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 01:04 AM)
Haven't played Liberation yet, but the Vita itself is an impressive device. It's surprisingly light and when I was killing time in a Panera today I noticed that I actually found it better to browse on the web that my iphone because of the bigger touch screen and similar interface.

Vita = boring. Maybe Black Ops 2 and AC Liberation will make it less boring, but the game selection is awful.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 01:04 AM)

Let me know how Liberation is when you can.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
I'm glad they are cracking down on that stuff.

They need to stop the racist and homophobic slurs. That should one strike you are out. Permanent ban.

Unless they are recording all speak, that might be hard to do. I'm sure it's based on people reporting a user, and then if said user is reported enough, repercussions happen.

Been playing the GOT RPG on 360, decent storyline. As a fan of the books/show, it was worth the $20 I paid for it.

My roommate picked up AC3 and Halo 4 as well. AC3's online game is a fun alternative to the typical online multiplayer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 02:05 AM)
AC3 is awesome. I played for probably 5 hours today, and I am still not even an assassin. I am having way too much fun running through tree-tops and killing deer with my tomahawk. Really looking forward to slaying my first bear.

I'm about 40% done. It's pretty clear they've made every mechanic just a little better from ACII, and the setting is probably the best yet. The beginning missions for Connor were a bit of a bore, but the intro stuff was great and the main story has been great so far.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
I'm about 40% done. It's pretty clear they've made every mechanic just a little better from ACII, and the setting is probably the best yet. The beginning missions for Connor were a bit of a bore, but the intro stuff was great and the main story has been great so far.

Yeah, I think I am around 40% too. I just got to New York.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
Yeah, I think I am around 40% too. I just got to New York.

I finished the story yesterday but Im still at like 43% because I didnt do any of the side missions while I was going through it. Its my first AC game and I really enjoyed it.

Have either of you played the online yet?

Edited by DrunkBomber

I like doing the side missions while I'm playing the story because it breaks it up a bit. I don't play the multiplayer until I complete the single player, but I had fun with it in Brotherhood and Revelations. It's very different, but can be frustrating when the mechanics don't work properly. Hopefully they got it right with ACIII. The strategies involved make it fun.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
I finished the story yesterday but Im still at like 43% because I didnt do any of the side missions while I was going through it. Its my first AC game and I really enjoyed it.

Have either of you played the online yet?

Oh ok, I tend to do the sidemissions as I go, and the hunting and myths ones especially because those are so fun. I would guess I'm about 60% done w/ the story line, about 45% done overall.