PENN STATE SCANDAL

Texsox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Look, I just watched a YT vid the other day of a crazy f***ing b**** yelling "DIE! DIE!" as she's stabbing her infant child in the background of a 911 call made by some dope that didn't feel the need to try and stop the b**** first and then maybe make the call. That's the type of s*** that deserves limitless fury. You're just looking at the end result of this particular situation. Intent is big with me. Joe P indirectly contributed to an atrocity. Nobody is denying that. If Mike M had gone to the cops immediately after he saw what he saw, that would've been that.

I agree about intent and I do believe that JP didnt foresee the outcome of all this but that doesnt make it ok. I could get drunk, end up driving and crash into a school bus of kindergartners. That certainly wouldnt have been my intent, and I definitely didnt foresee that as an outcome, but they also wouldnt let me say "Sorry I made a mistake, dont judge my whole life by my worst moment" and then wash my hands of it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
Not really since Paterno had nothing, if he reported it they'd just ask if he witnessed the crime and if he said no he heard about it from a friend well that does no good. I'm also sure one of these kids had to tell their parents at some point who reported it to the cops so they knew something was going on.

What the hell are you talking about? McQuery followed the same reporting law Paterno did. They both went up the chain of command.

As for the second part, you should probably actually read about what happened. You would know that Sandusky was on tape admiting to showering with a boy during the investigation in 1998. You should also know that the children came from bad backgrounds with no family structure and limited access to justice. You should also know that the investigation into Sandusky was led by an AG running for governor while Penn State trustees were donating money to his campaign (and somehow Sandusky wasn't put in jail despite clear evidence to support that action). You might also know that the molestation occurred in the football buildings...but of course Paterno is just some old fool who didn't build a massive money making powerhouse for Penn State and was considered the most powerful person at the school so he certainly wouldn't want to protect his program while the investigation was ongoing.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Not really since Paterno had nothing, if he reported it they'd just ask if he witnessed the crime and if he said no he heard about it from a friend well that does no good. I'm also sure one of these kids had to tell their parents at some point who reported it to the cops so they knew something was going on.

Going back to this. Since protocall was to tell your superior according to Penn State, what good would it have done if whoever JP told went to the police because you know, theyd just ask whoever it was if they witnessed it and hed say no he heard it from an employee who heard it from another employee and well that does no good.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
Going back to this. Since protocall was to tell your superior according to Penn State, what good would it have done if whoever JP told went to the police because you know, theyd just ask whoever it was if they witnessed it and hed say no he heard it from an employee who heard it from another employee and well that does no good.

JoePa probably had more pull in Happy Valley than the Police. If Joe Pa wanted it really taken care of, it would have been. He's already said he f***ed up, but would he have ever thought he f***ed up if all this hadn't come out and his job was never on the line? Has he thought he screwed up at all from the time of the incident until this story came out?

I'm so sick of hearing people say they are sorry for screwing up when what they really are sorry for is being caught.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
JoePa probably had more pull in Happy Valley than the Police. If Joe Pa wanted it really taken care of, it would have been. He's already said he f***ed up, but would he have ever thought he f***ed up if all this hadn't come out and his job was never on the line? Has he thought he screwed up at all from the time of the incident until this story came out?

I'm so sick of hearing people say they are sorry for screwing up when what they really are sorry for is being caught.

Ya I know, I was just mocking that abortion of a comment. Police arent going to turn anyone away who has information about child rape, let alone Joe Paterno.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)

Well the people above JP are obligated to do an investigation of their own on the matter I'd imagine which would have probably got things out in the open once everything was heard. As for kids being in rough situations, I can understand that but everyone in this country has access to the justice system barring being held captive in a house with no phone. I'm not blaming the victims at all, just saying Paterno wasn't in a real good position here and you even said yourself the authorities knew about the situation and the people above Sandusky in the university knew about it....Not clearing him from all blame just saying he doesn't deserve all the hate people have towards him either.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
Ya I know, I was just mocking that abortion of a comment. Police arent going to turn anyone away who has information about child rape, let alone Joe Paterno.

Having 2nd hand information unless you are relaying the information from a child is near the same as having no information in something like this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)

I'm sorry. This is just Leonardo Dicaprio in What's Eating Gilbert Grape retarded. Why are you holding Joe P to a different standard because of his status? That has nothing to do with anything. His job? The dude was how old at the time? It's not like he was 30 and had another 30+ years of coaching ahead of him.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
Having 2nd hand information unless you are relaying the information from a child is near the same as having no information in something like this.

BS. Joe Paterno goes to the police in Happy Valley, tells them his assistant coach, a former PSU QB saw Sandusky in a shower with a kid, tells them Sandusky who was the heir apparent "retired" in 1999 after some other kiddie incidents, and this goes nowhere? And even if it didn't go anywhere, should that excuse Paterno from not at least doing all he could do, even if it means a huge blackeye for his beloved PSU to protect innocent kids?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
Well the people above JP are obligated to do an investigation of their own on the matter I'd imagine which would have probably got things out in the open once everything was heard. As for kids being in rough situations, I can understand that but everyone in this country has access to the justice system barring being held captive in a house with no phone. I'm not blaming the victims at all, just saying Paterno wasn't in a real good position here and you even said yourself the authorities knew about the situation and the people above Sandusky in the university knew about it....Not clearing him from all blame just saying he doesn't deserve all the hate people have towards him either.

I never said the authorities knew. Again nobody is saying JP did anything worse then MM or Sandusky or even whoever JP told at PSU, but were not talking about them. If we were Id be saying the exact same things about them. Its just ridiculous to imply JP didnt have the authority to get the police involved because he wasnt an eye witness and I still cant believe you would even mention that the kids should have or could have went to the police. Their bad I guess...

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)

Actually you are blaming the victims. And no, those families don't have meaningful access to justice when they are up against that kind of power. And Paterno had more power there than anyone, which you completely ignore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
I'm sorry. This is just Leonardo Dicaprio in What's Eating Gilbert Grape retarded. Why are you holding Joe P to a different standard because of his status? That has nothing to do with anything. His job? The dude was how old at the time? It's not like he was 30 and had another 30+ years of coaching ahead of him.

The first investigation was 10 years ago and the current one started 3 years ago. Amazing what a dottering old fool can accomplish.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
BS. Joe Paterno goes to the police in Happy Valley, tells them his assistant coach, a former PSU QB saw Sandusky in a shower with a kid, tells them Sandusky who was the heir apparent "retired" in 1999 after some other kiddie incidents, and this goes nowhere? And even if it didn't go anywhere, should that excuse Paterno from not at least doing all he could do, even if it means a huge blackeye for his beloved PSU to protect innocent kids?

I never said he should be excused of everything, obviously even if the authorities/university didn't go public about it all Joe Pa himself could of went to reporters and whatnot.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)

Are you saying that if Joe Paterno went to the police at Penn State University and had information about a child being raped on campus that the police would turn him away and wouldnt investigate because he was "relaying" the information from someone else?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)

First, you are holding McQueary to the same standard and he did the same thing Joe Pa did. The minimum, he just ran it up the chain and blew it off. So if I'm "Eating Gilbert Grape retarded" , look in the mirror, you'll see someone else who is as well.

Joe Pa is the boss. The leader. More is expected of him, and if he truly was half as great as all the accolades he's been given, he wouldn't have screwed this up as bad as he screwed it up.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
Actually you are blaming the victims. And no, those families don't have meaningful access to justice when they are up against that kind of power. And Paterno had more power there than anyone, which you completely ignore.

Im not blaming the victims all I said is over the years one of them had to report the incident to parents or whoever who would have reported it to the police. My statement was all about the police knew something was up about Sandusky a long time ago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
First, you are holding McQueary to the same standard and he did the same thing Joe Pa did. The minimum, he just ran it up the chain and blew it off. So if I'm "Eating Gilbert Grape retarded" , look in the mirror, you'll see someone else who is as well.

Joe Pa is the boss. The leader. More is expected of him, and if he truly was half as great as all the accolades he's been given, he wouldn't have screwed this up as bad as he screwed it up.

Sorry. One person saw it. The other didn't.

If Paterno really wanted Sandusky away from the kids in Sandusky's program and/or really wanted him out of Happy Valley, he very easily could have had it done, and I don't mean having him knocked off. To think any of the players in this scandal had anywhere near the influence Paterno had is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Sorry. One person saw it. The other didn't.

Why wasn't it pursued? When McQueary came over to Joe Pa's house and told him about the incident, why didn't Joe Pa call the authorities right then and have them come over and discuss it? If you think it doesn't have anything to do with hurting PSU's reputation, you are fooling yourself. If Joe had an 8 year old get raped and someone told him about it, he would have acted differently.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
Are you saying that if Joe Paterno went to the police at Penn State University and had information about a child being raped on campus that the police would turn him away and wouldnt investigate because he was "relaying" the information from someone else?

Unless Mcquery(sp?) was willing to talk to police there was nothing to be done, we don't know if he was or not. There is a lot about the situation we won't ever know.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Unless Mcquery(sp?) was willing to talk to police there was nothing to be done, we don't know if he was or not. There is a lot about the situation we won't ever know.

They were more concerned with this being a Penn State problem rather than a Jerry Sandusky problem so the spin doctors directed everything.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Why wasn't it pursued? When McQueary came over to Joe Pa's house and told him about the incident, why didn't Joe Pa call the authorities right then and have them come over and discuss it? If you think it doesn't have anything to do with hurting PSU's reputation, you are fooling yourself. If Joe had an 8 year old get raped and someone told him about it, he would have acted differently.

First of all, stop with the if this was Joe's son, daughter, grandson or whatever he would've done differently. Everybody puts their own first before all else and would do s*** without a moment's thought that they wouldn't do for somebody else who wasn't as close to them. This isn't the "Good Son" where the woman at the end chose to let her son die and save her nephew. That would never, ever happen in real life. Secondly, I can think of a lot of reasons on why Joe wouldn't immediately call the police based off of something somebody else told him. The obvious one being this was a close and respected friend of his and accusations like this can, you know, ruin lives.