Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
I guess those are factors, but it doesn't explain last week fully. It was perhaps the worst offensive line performance Ive ever seen. I know there were only 3 sacks, but that was due to cutler's will.

It was the same as in NO, and NY last year...in loud, hostile environments, they get flustered and self-destruct. And Martz seems to refuse to adjust his playcalling or protection schemes, despite Cutler practically being dead.

Tonight, they've had 7 guys in several times and max protect a time or two.

But you're certainly right, you never quite know what you're going to get from them, which is why I refuse to bet them anymore.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
It was the same as in NO, and NY last year...in loud, hostile environments, they get flustered and self-destruct. And Martz seems to refuse to adjust his playcalling or protection schemes, despite Cutler practically being dead.

But you're certainly right, you never quite know what you're going to get from them, which is why I refuse to bet them anymore.

Another part of it is that Minnesota is crap.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Another part of it is that Minnesota is crap.

They absolutely are, but their defensive line isn't bad, and Allen is leading the League in sacks.

It's amazing how the smallest things can have such huge ramifications in the NFL. In that respect, the NFL is much different than other sports.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)

You've made a lot of good points here.

Makes me wonder what the hell is going to happen in london.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
You've made a lot of good points here.

Makes me wonder what the hell is going to happen in london.

They'll get overconfident in the offensive line after a few performances like this, Martz whill go back to his 30 yard crosses and 40 yard deep outs, and they'll have another game like they did against Detroit. I don't know that it will happen in London, but it will happen at least one more time this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
They'll get overconfident in the offensive line after a few performances like this, Martz whill go back to his 30 yard crosses and 40 yard deep outs, and they'll have another game like they did against Detroit. I don't know that it will happen in London, but it will happen at least one more time this year.

Is Carimi back this week?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Is Carimi back this week?

Not sure.

The NFL freaking crazy...Bucs lose 48-3 last week to the Niners and then beat the Saints today.

No idea which Bears team or Bucs team will show up next week.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
So who here says Hester isn't a great kick returner? LOL

It was really looking like he had lost a step and wouldn't be much more of a returner after the first half of last year...but he's still fast enough to make it happen.

Imagine how many td's he would have had he realized he only needed to put a little move on the kicker/punter instead of trying to beat him on the sideline all the time...

I was thinking about the Hester HOF discussion we had the other week.

The difference between return TDs and other TDs is the amount of agency that the scorer has. A kick returner has way more responsibility for their TD than the average NFL TD.

He has to be in. If you just take a step back and think how good he is we should be debating whether he is 1st ballot or not.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
I'm watching with the sound off. Were they showing Donovan McNabb's mom while he was getting the s*** knocked out of him? That seems low.

It's hilarious that Cutler had the presence of mind to signal for the penalty on his way to the ground after a vicious hit.

They just mentioned that she's had enough, and then said something I didn't understand "almost the opposite of what Cutler's mom watched last week." Hmm...seems like the same thing as Cutler's mom watched last week...

I'm impressed with Ponder. Especially this:

"Ponder graduated from Florida State in two and a half years with a degree in finance and a 3.73 GPA, then an MBA, and is studying for his second graduate degree, in sports management"

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm impressed with Ponder. Especially this:

"Ponder graduated from Florida State in two and a half years with a degree in finance and a 3.73 GPA, then an MBA, and is studying for his second graduate degree, in sports management"

Yeah, the concern I heard about Ponder was his ability to pick up the offense there. Seems like a stupid concern considering how intelligent he apparently is.

I'm so glad the 49ers ended the f***ery that is the hype around the Lions. They can't run the ball, their offensive line is not good, and when they aren't throwing lob passes to Calvin Johnson when a team foolishly has him single-covered, they aren't a very good team. Their front four on defense is good, sure, but they still can't stop the run and Ndamakong Suh is incredibly overrated. I look forward to playing them at Soldier Field later this year.

Hopefully the Bears can build on this game (especially the oline) and take it to London next week and give it to the Bucs.