Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
God damn, New England is good. Albert Haynesworth, under Belichik, will probably be a God again (and not asked to play NT). The saddest part for anyone not rooting for the Pats?

Haynesworth is only due $5 mill this year.

$5 mil is $4.95 mil more than he was worth last year.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
$5 mil is $4.95 mil more than he was worth last year.

Change of scenery is often a good thing (just wait for Rasmus, Colby). This guy was the best defensive player in football just a couple seasons ago.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...sen-sources-say

Interesting. I do not want to see this happen at all since we would have no at the tight end position besides Kellen Davis, but it sounds like they gave Drew the go-ahead, but just did not want him to make it so public with an email.

Edit: Idk if Cutler could handle a break up with his fiance and his best friend leaving the team all in the same month. This season is in jeopardy!

I'd be annoyed with this since the Bears have no other options and also aren't addressing their receiving corps. I'd hoped they'd improve their roster, yet they are looking like they want to go status quo and run out there with a roster that lucked out with an easy playoff matchup and the healthiest season I've ever seen.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Bears reached agreement with former Jaguars punter Adam Podlesh on a five-year contract.

5th in the NFL in net punting last year.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't understand why you would guarantee a WR 18 million dollars when Tavaris Jackson is going to be throwing him the ball? Rice has produced in one season and that was with Brett Favre at QB.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Bears reached agreement with former Jaguars punter Adam Podlesh on a five-year contract.

5th in the NFL in net punting last year.

Man, really wanted to see Weatherford with the Bears. Oh well, its the punter can't complain to much.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:31 AM)
Looking like Miami will acquire Reggie Bush and Kyle Orton tomorrow..

They have already agreed to a trade for Bush, he just has to sign off on it and rework a contract.. I don't see why he would want to stay in NO

And from what I am seeing, its going to be a 3rd and maybe Phillip Merling going to Denver for Kyle Orton..

Im pretty excited

Rotoworld is showing the Bush deal as done, with him signing a 2 year contract, money not mentioned.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
I'd be annoyed with this since the Bears have no other options and also aren't addressing their receiving corps. I'd hoped they'd improve their roster, yet they are looking like they want to go status quo and run out there with a roster that lucked out with an easy playoff matchup and the healthiest season I've ever seen.

IMO, upgrading the O-Line is upgrading the WR corps.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
IMO, upgrading the O-Line is upgrading the WR corps.

Exactly, and the from the sounds of it the Bears are handling their business right now. From what I read silence is not to be misconstrued as inactivity and that the Bears are waiting to see how all gets cut, etc before pouncing on OL.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
Exactly, and the from the sounds of it the Bears are handling their business right now. From what I read silence is not to be misconstrued as inactivity and that the Bears are waiting to see how all gets cut, etc before pouncing on OL.

The perfect guy also is still franchised, Vincent Jackson.

Gotta figure that they'd at least be open to listening if Steve Smith (panthers) were on the block for something less than a first rounder.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
The perfect guy also is still franchised, Vincent Jackson.

Gotta figure that they'd at least be open to listening if Steve Smith (panthers) were on the block for something less than a first rounder.

The bears don't need a short speedy receiver. NO to Steve Smith. Get me someone with size, please.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I hate Mike Martz. Greg Olsen is a solid weapon, so why trade him? Everything Martz has done or brought to Chicago has failed majorly, so why trust him in not wanting Olsen?

He hates using TE's in his system other than blocking. Always has.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I hate Mike Martz. Greg Olsen is a solid weapon, so why trade him? Everything Martz has done or brought to Chicago has failed majorly, so why trust him in not wanting Olsen?

Martz has been in Chicago one season and Jay Cutler improved drastically in that one year under Martz. Olsen is going to be a free agent after this season, the Bears have capable backups, Martz's system doesn't incorporate the tight end all that much, and Olsen is good and young enough that a team who does use the tight end more often will be willing to give up something for him.

It really makes a lot of sense to deal Olsen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
Hell, with the Bears' O-line, they needed blocking a lot more than receiving last year anyway.

And Olsen is not a very good blocking TE. (though he has improved, but he had nowhere to go but up in that department)

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
YESSSSSSS Rashied Davis signs with the Lions, great news.

vxmcclure23 vaughn mcclure

Credible source says Rashied Davis has not agreed to terms with the Lions yet. Bears are still in the mix.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)

Credible source says Rashied Davis has not agreed to terms with the Lions yet. Bears are still in the mix.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Missed you bro. :wub: :wub:

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Rashied Davis just got off the phone with the Lions and accepted their one-year offer. Wishes the Bears would have stepped up their offer.

YESSSSSSSSSSS