Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
Doesn't one of these deals eventually have to backfire for them and destroy that franchise?

Ochocinco is not a problem child. He's a big personality, but he doesn't get in trouble. That's such a bad misconception.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son of a b****... Well, there goes our only real redzone threat in the passing game. I guess it seemed inevitable after the Rosenhaus emails, but I really didn't want to lose Olsen.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Ochocinco is not a problem child. He's a big personality, but he doesn't get in trouble. That's such a bad misconception.

Agreed. Ochocinco is going to love it in New England because he is going to win and Brady is going to get him the ball a lot. If one of those trades backfires at all it will be the Haynesworth one but they gave up so little in both deals that they were both clearly worth the risk.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
http://twitter.com/#!/BradBiggs/status/96702069725073409

And thankfully. We have a bunch of Steve Smiths.

Oops, I don't know how I missed the (not Steve Smith) part. We have a bunch of guys like Steve Smith, but none are anywhere near as good. Oh well. Guess it's Roy Williams?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Steve Smith?

NO! He is not the player.

The Bears have traded Greg Olsen to the Panthers in exchange for a player to be named later and a draft pick.

No, that player is not Steve Smith. Olsen was placed on the trading block as Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz despises pass-catching tight ends. In Carolina, he'll join fellow "U" alum Jeremy Shockey and step right in as the No. 2 option in the passing game behind Smith. Olsen, who caught 60 passes and eight touchdowns the year before Martz arrived in Chicago, is back on the radar as a borderline TE1.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Oops, I don't know how I missed the (not Steve Smith) part. We have a bunch of guys like Steve Smith, but none are anywhere near as good. Oh well. Guess it's Roy Williams?

Uh, did you see Steve Smith's stats last year? I'll help you out: Bennett, Knox and Hester all had better years.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Uh, did you see Steve Smith's stats last year? I'll help you out: Bennett, Knox and Hester all had better years.

Yeah hi, my name is Jimmy Clausen, and I had a sub-60 QB Rating last year.

Jimmy-Clausen1.jpg

I'd like to take most of that blame.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Uh, did you see Carolina's QB situation last year?

Indeed I did. Nonetheless, he's 5'9 and his YPC has declined 3 straight years. At 32, he's not getting younger either. I'll pass.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
Indeed I did. Nonetheless, he's 5'9 and his YPC has declined 3 straight years. At 32, he's not getting younger either. I'll pass.

and before that he had aging Delhomme throwing to him while his YPC declined. He may be 32 & 5'9, but he'd still be the best WR on the Bears, no doubt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
and before that he had aging Delhomme throwing to him while his YPC declined. He may be 32 & 5'9, but he'd still be the best WR on the Bears, no doubt.

I disagree. FYI, Delhomme used to be pretty good.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Rumors are swirling that the player the Bears have received in return is Dan Connor.

Connor had surgery to repair a cracked left hip last November. One of the better run-defending linebackers in football last season, Connor's position is unclear heading to 2011. The current assumption is that he'll be manning the strong side.

If that's the case, that'd be really swell as Urlacher struggles to stop the run.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Connor had surgery to repair a cracked left hip last November. One of the better run-defending linebackers in football last season, Connor's position is unclear heading to 2011. The current assumption is that he'll be manning the strong side.

If that's the case, that'd be really swell as Urlacher struggles to stop the run.

47 tackles in 8 games last season, hopefully the hip wont give him any problems and he can produce in chicago.