Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Bears draft picks have now been re-signed, AA re-signed, Roach back. Got a punter, the blocking TE and a good special teamer, an upgrade at WR. Ok Ok, we're getting there, slowly but surely.

Get Kreutz in the fold and make a couple splashes.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
All Bears draft picks have now been re-signed, AA re-signed, Roach back. Got a punter, the blocking TE and a good special teamer, an upgrade at WR. Ok Ok, we're getting there, slowly but surely.

They havent signed Carimi yet, unless I missed something.

It's nothing special, but they at least are taking care of some priorities. My biggest concern this season is the opening schedule. That's 3 tough games to start the season, and it's hard to dig out from an early hole.

We are basically the same team as last year, but worse on the O-line. I am still not optimistic until we bring in two legit starting o-linemen, and a real WR.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
We are basically the same team as last year, but worse on the O-line. I am still not optimistic until we bring in two legit starting o-linemen, and a real WR.

How in the world is this O-line worse? You think Carimi

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
How in the world is this O-line worse? You think Carimi

We don't have a center, first of all. So right now Garza is our starting center. And I like Carimi, but he is a rookie with no off-season working with the Bears players or playbook.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
It's nothing special, but they at least are taking care of some priorities. My biggest concern this season is the opening schedule. That's 3 tough games to start the season, and it's hard to dig out from an early hole.

Last year's first 3 games looked extremely tough, too.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
The eventual acquisition of Roy Williams reminds me too much of Muhsin Muhammed but with a bad attitude.

That seems like a very different scenario. One who is a veteran with a history of success, one who is being unceremoniously cut and trying to resuscitate his career.

That seems like a very different scenario. One who is a veteran with a history of success, one who is being unceremoniously cut and trying to resuscitate his career.

I look at the teams Roy Williams has been on and success has been pretty evasive for them.

edit- On second thought, I really dont know which statement applies to which player. Wasn't Roy Williams cut?

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)

They're both overpaid, past their prime, possession receivers.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)

Williams is 29? That's past his prime?

Yeah, his production isn't what it was in Detroit, but is that a physical, toll of injuries, getting older issue or something else?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

I don't know if Williams is past his prime or not. He went to a place where he wasn't the #1 option and at times was more the #3 option. With that he got lackadasical and his play and statistics suffered. In Chicago, it will be a completely different scenario. He will be the #1 wide-out, although Knox/Hester/Bennett will still get a lot of playing time, but Williams is the only one with his size/stature. Williams isn't old or out of his prime.

I really think the big reason his play/stats suffered had to do with him being soft mentally and not getting the love in big D. I don't think that will be the case in Chicago cause there is just no way the Bears offense isn't heavily built around him. Plus, he should be able to adjust relatively quickly and learn the system soon, which will be great.

I really like this move, but I've always liked Roy. And I have always felt the Bears needed a guy with this type of talent a top our wide receiving corps.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
The eventual acquisition of Roy Williams reminds me too much of Muhsin Muhammed but with a bad attitude.

Didn't Muhammad come off a 1400 yard season the year the Bears signed him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Bears targeting Vernan Gholston

He'd probably be cheap and pairing him with Marinelli surely couldn't hurt. I'm also a big proponent of going after Amobi Okoye. He didn't fit in the Texans 3-4 scheme but I think he'd be a hell of an addition for us. Idonije-Okoye-Adams-Peppers with Wootton, Paea, Toeaina, Melton, and Harrison.