Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Bleh, I'll stick with the one thing I do actually like about Tboner: you instantly know whether or not someone knows anything about football by their stance on him.

This sums it up pretty well.

Tebow will fail in the long run...remember when Vince Young had that great start to his career?Where is he now?If you can't throw in the NFL, you will eventually fail.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)

That's why I hate when QBs try to make a play after an INT, f*** it, don't get involved because only bad can happen like where the Bears are currently at.And they were playing very well, a team like the Bears had as good a shot at knocking off the Pack as any in the NFL in the playoffs under the weather conditions at Lambeau... :(

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Defensive POY is pretty tough.

Patrick Willis, Von Miller, Ndamukong Suh, Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews...

Who else?

Suh, Peppers and Matthews don't even have a chance. Not even in the conversation, ESPECIALLY Suh.

Willis, Miller and Jared Allen are probably the 3 candidates. Terrell Suggs could get some attention. MAYBE Charles Woodson.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Suh, Peppers and Matthews don't even have a chance. Not even in the conversation, ESPECIALLY Suh.

Willis, Miller and Jared Allen are probably the 3 candidates. Terrell Suggs could get some attention. MAYBE Charles Woodson.

How they play affects how their team does.

I was playing off of Rowand's Tebow/Skelton/Manning MVP talk.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)

I would say Miller has very little chance too simply because he is a rookie and they usually have to blow the competition out of the water to win an award like this.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)

How is Peppers not even in the conversation? He is the driving force behind one of the better defenses. He has already won a NFC def. player of the month award. He may only have nine sacks, but he has been dominating.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
When Suh plays, the Lions dominate on D. When he doesn't they aren't as good.

Suh isnt having a great season stats wise and when it comes to awards those matter. Even if he was nobody would win if they get suspended two games that season for stomping. Peppers having a good season but he isnt in the picture and clay Mathews like Suh both had better seasons last year.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
Suh isnt having a great season stats wise and when it comes to awards those matter. Even if he was nobody would win if they get suspended two games that season for stomping. Peppers having a good season but he isnt in the picture and clay Mathews like Suh both had better seasons last year.

Right. I was talking about how much those guys mean to their teams, not predicting the actual MVP.

Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler, Stephen Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore are essential to their teams, even though this is not their MVP year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
Jared Allen could break the sack record this year. I would think he would win it. He is on a really bad defense though. I don't know if they take that into account.

I was wondering the same thing. According to Wikipedia, of the last 15 winners, only one was a defense not in the top 10. That was Strahan when he broke the sack record. Only 3 of those winners didn't make the playoffs either. In order to win it, Allen may have to break the sack record or at least go over 20. A meeting vs. Lance Louis & company in Week 17 should help his cause.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
I was wondering the same thing. According to Wikipedia, of the last 15 winners, only one was a defense not in the top 10. That was Strahan when he broke the sack record. Only 3 of those winners didn't make the playoffs either. In order to win it, Allen may have to break the sack record or at least go over 20. A meeting vs. Lance Louis & company in Week 17 should help his cause.

Allen has been destroyed the last 2 times he's gone up against Webb.