Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
I'm not too terribly versed in drug trading and s*** but I'm sure that low-quality weed in Chicago is at least 1000. He was getting it in Texas, probably cheaper there.

Ill tell you that he was getting a very low price on the bulk of the shipment I guess. Thats a s***load of profit.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Ill tell you that he was getting a very low price on the bulk of the shipment I guess. Thats a s***load of profit.

Getting weed for that price is a crime in itself, it's basically theft. lol.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
How the hell did the Jaguars win any games

Defense won them 4 games this year. Their defense has given up just 38 points in their 4 wins this year.

The Jags must be kicking themselves for not taking Tebow 2 years ago. Gabbert is just awful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/75786026/Hurd-Complaint

"HURD stated he was interested in purchasing five to ten kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area. HURD negotiated to receive the aforementioned amounts of narcotics at $25,000 per kilogram of cocaine and $450 per pound of marijuana. HURD further stated that he and another co-conspirator currently distribute about four kilograms of cocaine per week in the Chicago area, but that the supplier could not supply him with enough quantity"

Ten kilos of Coke @ $25,000 per x 52 = $13,000,000 in annual transactions.

1,000 lbs of marijuana @ $450 per x 52 = $23,400,000 in annual transcations.

This was set to become Hurd's SECONDARY drug source.

Holy crap.

Thats if hes selling it at that outrageously low price....i dont mess around with coke so i dont know the numbers on that but based on the best deal I know around here on dro youre looking at.

$320(an oz) x 16(oz in a lb) x 1,000 x 52= $266,240,000 in annual transactions....and thats just the weed!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,1022866.column

David Haugh's In the Wake of the News

9:34 p.m. CST, December 15, 2011

On the day before Sam Hurd signed a $4.15 million contract with the Bears last July, he was talking his way out of trouble with Homeland Security officials in Texas who found $88,000 cash and marijuana in his car.

During a routine traffic stop one day earlier, July 27, a federal affidavit states Dallas County police seized the money and a "green, leafy plant" out of a vehicle registered to Hurd and driven by his fellow conspirator. Hurd later contacted police to ask for his cash back but claimed he knew nothing about the pot, which he blamed on the buddy who detailed his car.

It was the beginning of a sting operation that ultimately got Hurd arrested Wednesday night outside a steakhouse in Rosemont on federal drug charges and, fair or not, made the Bears look guilty of not conducting thorough background checks on free agents.

Whatever due diligence the Bears did, it didn't do enough to reveal Homeland Security officials were interviewing Hurd 24 hours before the team announced his signing. If the Bears were at the mercy of a federal probe that demanded secrecy, either President Ted Phillips or general manager Jerry Angelo or team security chief Tom Dillon should have made that clear. They still can.

Making Bears officials unavailable to discuss a player accused of trying to buy 1,000 pounds of marijuana and five to 10 kilograms of cocaine a week only enhanced the perception that the team should have known more about someone who fooled everybody but the feds.

Asked at his news conference if anything in Hurd's background raised concerns, coach Lovie Smith said, "No issues. I'm in shock over it. Never saw it coming.''

The irony is the Bears have made limiting character risks on the roster a priority.

At a meeting of scouts in Bourbonnais before the 2010 season, assistant general manager Tim Ruskell referenced ex-Bear Tank Johnson's problems in instructing staffers they couldn't pursue any more prospects with questionable pasts. You wonder how much the flurry of free-agent signings after the July 25 end of the NFL lockout contributed to Hurd's federal entanglement being overlooked.

So many valid questions about Hurd's arrest deserve answers the Bears must address immediately, game week or not. This was a guy brought into the organization hailed for his intangibles, a guy wide receivers coach Darryl Drake once said "added some maturity in the room.''

Did anybody in that room notice anything suspicious about a guy who, two days before the Sept. 11 season-opener, allegedly tried arranging the purchase of $50,000 worth of cocaine in Texas? What does a background check entail?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
How the hell did the Jaguars win any games

Why does it seem like they are on prime time every week losing by 35 points.

Why the NFL thought it would be awesome to give them 3 prime time games is a great mystery.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Why does it seem like they are on prime time every week losing by 35 points.

Why the NFL thought it would be awesome to give them 3 prime time games is a great mystery.

Because it's the only way the local fans will see the games?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
And because Thursday on NFL Network is the exact opposite of prime time. Many people do not even get the channel.

It is kind of primetime. It is the only game of the day, it is a featured game.

Honestly, the Jags should be getting the Lions treatment. No primetime/featured games until you show you can compete

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)

It may be on at a "prime time" slot, but the NFL network is anything but prime time. You have to realize the NFL does not want great games on Thursday, their biggest contracts are with CBS/FOX/NBC and having good games on NFL Network has caused complete clusterf***s for the league (see New England Patriots v NY Giants on Saturday Night 2007), so they try and pick decent games (Jax v Atlanta before the season was 2 playoff teams) but not games that have any real meaning.

Thus Jax gets a lot of those games because they dont have a home fan base that will have a Senator write a letter to the NFL which in turn causes the NFL to put the game on 4 networks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Sunday/Monday night football games are exempt of the blackout rule?

I dont think so, I just think it is a rare occurance because most NFL stadiums dont have problems selling out, or at least selling the amount of tickets that prevent a blackout from happening

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)

Honestly, the Jags should be getting the Lions treatment. No primetime/featured games until you show you can compete

Well the Jaguars were 8-5 last season before losing to the Colts and collapsing, so maybe that had something to do with it? Injuries & a bad starting rookie QB are killing them this year.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Pretty ugly game all round really.

Hope Garrett tears into them for that 2nd half effort.

They were up 28-0, what the f*** did you expect??

What the heck happened to the Buccs, they were legit playoff contenders last year and have just fallen apart. Josh Freeman looked like a franchise QB and now you have to question him.

P.S. I am not looking forward to attending the football game at Soldier Field in ten hours.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)

What the heck happened to the Buccs, they were legit playoff contenders last year and have just fallen apart. Josh Freeman looked like a franchise QB and now you have to question him.

P.S. I am not looking forward to attending the football game at Soldier Field in ten hours.

To at least come out and play hard.

If they play that sort of football against either Philly or New York, we won't make the playoffs.

I feel sorry for Freeman in a way, he's got absolutely no playmakers around him and a pretty bad offensive line. They're not exactly putting him in a position to succeed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)

Last year they benefitted from an extremely easy schedule and won a lot of close games.

This year they didn't have that benefit, and RM lost the team, including Freeman, after the tough loss to Green Bay.

Edited by iamshack