Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
My friend who is a Packers/Tebow fan that claims Matt Flynn is a 12 win QB because he beat the Pats once and Orton is a s***ty QB cause his 400 yard games had Brandon Marshall is going to get hell this week.

Did the Packers beat NE with Flynn last season? I thought they lost, but it was a close game

Edit: Packers lost 31-27. So, unless there was another Flynn start that I missed, your friend is wrong

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Did the Packers beat NE with Flynn last season? I thought they lost, but it was a close game

"But the Packers make Pro-Bowl backups like Hasselback and Rodgers. Flynn would be a 12 win QB with the Packers."

That's right, Aaron Rodgers is only worth 4 wins.

Then he argued Tebow is MVP because Packers are still #1 seed without Rodgers.

f***ing Tebow fans.

Edit: Yeah, Flynn was OK in that game, but lost it for the Pack.

Edited by Quinarvy

Chicago Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox will undergo back surgery Monday to stabilize vertebrae in his back, the team announced.

Knox was injured in the first quarter of the team's 38-14 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday at Soldier Field. A club spokesman said the "prognosis is good" for Knox's continued career and quality of life.

Knox was injured after he fumbled and went for the ball on the ground. Seattle defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove dove and hit Knox's upper torso, violently bending back his upper body. The game was delayed for at least five minutes while medical personnel tended to Knox on the field. He was placed on a board and taken off the field on a cart to a waiting ambulance and then the hospital.

Coach Lovie Smith was upbeat about Knox's situation after the game.

"Johnny has total movement thoughhout his body," Smith said. "Has total use of all of his extremities, which is good. He is not paralyzed or anything like that."

While no announcement has been made, it's fair to assume Knox's 2011 season has ended with just two regular-season games remaining.

Link

So Rodgers has a sub-par game and the Pack lose, don't great teams win those games when their stars are having an off game?Especially against the likes of KC... ;)

Don't get me wrong but GB is still the team to beat in the NFC but those who say they are "unbeatable", really don't know a lot about football.

One of my medically inclined friends wrote this.

I am sure he probably tore some ligaments and possible vertebra fractures and maybe abdominal muscle tear. They are not being specific except that they have to stabilize which makes me think he had a lot of ligament damage. or even dislocations.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
So Rodgers has a sub-par game and the Pack lose, don't great teams win those games when their stars are having an off game?Especially against the likes of KC... ;)

Don't get me wrong but GB is still the team to beat in the NFC but those who say they are "unbeatable", really don't know a lot about football.

Rodgers wasnt the only one in that game to have a sub-par performance, i dont even remember how many passes were dropped by recievers and the defense couldn't get the big turn over that they have been getting week in and week out, i don't mind this loss it is a good wake up call for the packers going into the playoffs.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
Rodgers wasnt the only one in that game to have a sub-par performance, i dont even remember how many passes were dropped by recievers and the defense couldn't get the big turn over that they have been getting week in and week out, i don't mind this loss it is a good wake up call for the packers going into the playoffs.

I was working so I didn't get to watch but I was told that Aaron was just fine but the receivers completely let him down...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I was working so I didn't get to watch but I was told that Aaron was just fine but the receivers completely let him down...

That is true. Rogers played fine. The Referees decided to call PI on Jordy Nelson twice, Donald Driver dropped a key pass, and Jermichael Finley dropped a big pass.

The Chiefs did a nice job of pressuring Rodgers with their front four as well. Tamba was all over the field today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
One of my medically inclined friends wrote this.

He must have been drunk. You cannot dislocate a vertebrae without massive spinal damage. Tearing abdominal muscle has absolutely nothing to do with spinal damage.

I have to assume your post should have been in green.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)

So you're a packers fan and you don't mind a loss that ruined what could have easily been an undefeated regular season? I find that somewhat difficult to believe.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
So you're a packers fan and you don't mind a loss that ruined what could have easily been an undefeated regular season? I find that somewhat difficult to believe.

Why is that difficult to believe? (I won't go into detail, but I'm sure someone will say "Ask the Patriots")

And ya.. he's a Packer fan.. that just saw his team win the damn super bowl last season.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
Why is that difficult to believe? (I won't go into detail, but I'm sure someone will say "Ask the Patriots")

And ya.. he's a Packer fan.. that just saw his team win the damn super bowl last season.

It's difficult to believe because this could have been a historical season. Does going undefeated in the regular season mean that they were going to lose in the playoffs? Ask the Patriots? The Patriots faced a nightmare matchup in the Giants ( a team that had a dominant front 4) and still had the lead with only a few minutes left on the clock.

Do you think if the Patriots would have lost in the regular season that they would have won the superbowl? I guess I don't understand the logic.

I went through a similar thing with the 05 illini. There were some fans that tried to say the tOSU loss was good because it prepared the illini for the tournament. I didn't agree. I was pissed about the loss, as many people were. And going undefeated in the NFL is obviously rarer than college basketball.

And how did that loss to tOSU help us against UNC?