Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
I love it when you guys pull up team history, but when its against them its all about what have you done for me lately........

I'll take the 5 Superbowl rings and 18 division championships, along with the first round bye and you guys go enjoy the debacle that is the Chicago Bears......hey at least you guys are 1-0 in 2012.....

You started the mud slinging, nobody here gives a crap about the 49ers, and you come in saying the Bears will continue to suck no matter who they hire...that's baiting and we responded.

I love how a fan of a team that hasn't done anything in over a decade comes here and starts s***.Even though GoSox05 is a Packers fan and we are the biggest rivalry in the NFL, he shows class and us Bears fans don't mess with him.

Enjoy your short playoff run courtesy of the Packers (doubt you get that far though)

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when you guys pull up team history, but when its against them its all about what have you done for me lately........

I'll take the 5 Superbowl rings and 18 division championships, along with the first round bye and you guys go enjoy the debacle that is the Chicago Bears......hey at least you guys are 1-0 in 2012.....

And what have the 49ers done lately? 0 seasons over .500 from 2003-2010. One playoff win since 1998.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
And what have the 49ers done lately? 0 seasons over .500 from 2003-2010. One playoff win since 1998.

13-3 #2 seed NFC Playoffs

See: Current NFL Season (Lately)

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
You started the mud slinging, nobody here gives a crap about the 49ers, and you come in saying the Bears will continue to suck no matter who they hire...that's baiting and we responded.

I love how a fan of a team that hasn't done anything in over a decade comes here and starts s***.Even though GoSox05 is a Packers fan and we are the biggest rivalry in the NFL, he shows class and us Bears fans don't mess with him.

Enjoy your short playoff run courtesy of the Packers (doubt you get that far though)

I've had many Bears fans talk shi* over the years, how the tide has turned and I can't do the same? That's not fair at all.....

And I sure will enjoy that playoff run, you enjoy the GM search :headbang

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
I've had many Bears fans talk shi* over the years, how the tide has turned and I can't do the same? That's not fair at all.....

And I sure will enjoy that playoff run, you enjoy the GM search :headbang

I haven't really seen that here, our rivals are the Packers, Vikes and Lions, most Bears fans don't care about the 49ers, especially since they haven't been relevant for over a decade.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Dude, Lovie wasn't canned, so that choice is obvious. Also, anything McCaskey.

I'd love it if they hired McKenzie.

I am a Lovie supporter but if the team underachieves next year, he will have to take the blame. This stuff happens when you lose both your #1 QB and #1 RB. I thought Barber was a fine back up until the Denver game. They didn't know what Hanie was yet and you know if they didn't bring him back as the back up, fans over the city would have been pissed because Chicago has always been obsessed with back up QBs.

Edited by Brian

Steelers safety Ryan Clark won't play vs. Denver due to the high altitude affecting his sickle cell.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark will not play in Pittsburgh's playoff game against Denver this weekend, head coach Mike Tomlin announced Tuesday. Clark carries the sickle cell trait, which becomes especially dangerous in high-altitude, low-oxygen conditions, which the Steelers will be experiencing Sunday afternoon in Denver.

The last time Clark played in Denver, it cost him his spleen, his gallbladder, 30 pounds and the rest of the season. Since that 2007 game, the Steelers have played in Denver twice, and Clark was held out of both of those games, too.

Here's Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin:

"I met with him and informed him I am not going to allow him to play in the game," Tomlin said. "It was an easy decision for us. When looking at all of our data we came to the determination he is at more risk so we are not going to play him. It's that simple."

Admittedly, I'm an outsider who knows nothing about any of this, but holding Clark out of the game seems like the responsible decision to make. An easy one, too. If one game was that harmful to him, you don't let him put himself in that situation again. There's football, and there's life. Like Tomlin said, it's that simple.

A lot of people with sickle cell can lead perfectly normal lives with treatment. Clark is proof of that, having made himself a world-class athlete despite the condition. In a small number of patients, though, physical exertion at high altitudes can be really dangerous.

Sickle cell works by preventing red blood cells from traveling through the body, depriving vital organs of oxygen. At high altitudes, getting enough oxygen is hard enough. That's what happened to his spleen in the 2007 game. Oxygen deprivation damaged it to the point it had to be taken out with emergency surgery. Later, his gallbladder had to come out, too.

I'm sure it's tough for Clark to have to sit out a playoff game, but when you measure the pros and cons, it seems like no decision at all. Ryan Mundy will start in his absence.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Bears were in the NFC championship game last year, lost their starting QB and still lost by one TD to the eventual champs...at least get to the NFC championship this year before talking smack.

I don't care about last year, or the year before, I care about now...

It wasn't the Bears fans who started that for the record...

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
I don't care about last year, or the year before, I care about now...

That's convenient.

In other news, I don't care about your opinion. SO now that THAT'S out of the way...

Go Saints!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
This argument is seriously dumb, this isn't college football, they'll settle it on the field.

I know it's dumb but a 9ers fan comes in here and states that we will continue to suck no matter who we hire as GM, like they've been setting the NFL world on fire this decade and the Bears haven't won a division or gotten to a SB this decade. :chair

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

What is wrong with Packers fans? I've never seen a fanbase that is less capable of enjoying a good team humbly. Jeez, when the Bears are good, I'm just thankful.

This one piece of s*** coworker I have is a Packers fan (interesting, seeing as he's from the Southside of Chicago). The assbag walks into my office every day talking s*** about the Bears. Since week 10 ended with Jay Cutler's hand exploded, I have told him every time "the Bears season is over, yes, everyone in the world is well-aware that the Packers have a good record." Every time, it does not matter. The cocksucker Packer fan comes back thinking I care.

Honestly, what the Packers do doesn't really matter to me. They are clearly a great team, and have been for awhile now. Just enjoy it. No one here is ever saying the Packers are a bad football team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
That's convenient.

In other news, I don't care about your opinion. SO now that THAT'S out of the way...

Go Saints!

Great, then simply don't respond to my opinion, it's that simple!

Go Bulls!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
What is wrong with Packers fans? I've never seen a fanbase that is less capable of enjoying a good team humbly. Jeez, when the Bears are good, I'm just thankful.

This one piece of s*** coworker I have is a Packers fan (interesting, seeing as he's from the Southside of Chicago). The assbag walks into my office every day talking s*** about the Bears. Since week 10 ended with Jay Cutler's hand exploded, I have told him every time "the Bears season is over, yes, everyone in the world is well-aware that the Packers have a good record." Every time, it does not matter. The cocksucker Packer fan comes back thinking I care.

Honestly, what the Packers do doesn't really matter to me. They are clearly a great team, and have been for awhile now. Just enjoy it. No one here is ever saying the Packers are a bad football team.

For every one of those Packers fans in the city, there are 5 Bears fans who do the same thing when the Bears are winning...

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
For every one of those Packers fans in the city, there are 5 Bears fans who do the same thing when the Bears are winning...

Then again Green Bay is about 1/20 the size of Chicago, so that ratio sounds about right.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)

How come the word s*** gets blocked out, but not the word cocksucker?

Packer fans are sensitive.

Edited by GoSox05