Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie may be an idiot when it comes to some in-game decisions, but he always has us prepared. I don't know what he does to prepare the Bears, but rarely do they come out just unready or unwilling to play like most teams do at least 3-4 times a year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
Lovie may be an idiot when it comes to some in-game decisions, but he always has us prepared. I don't know what he does to prepare the Bears, but rarely do they come out just unready or unwilling to play like most teams do at least 3-4 times a year.

Agreed. But he certainly has had trouble evaluating his own coaches and even players. He has known some very talented coaches, but it just doesn't seem that he gives a thought over whether they mesh with his own goals for the team. Martz was an absolutely awful hire for Lovie.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
I thought that was Holdman that he didn't check the box on.

I did too until I saw that tweet... Maybe it happened to both of them? Doesn't seem likely, though, considering the hubbub around the Holdman check-box situation.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
I have zero desire to ditch Lovie. He's a very good head coach.

I completely disagree with this statement. Lovie's not a "very good" head coach. Bill Belichick is a very good head coach. Lovie Smith is a good manager of men, but has never wowed me with his game plans and is horrible during games. Still, I don't want him fired because this defense only has a small window to still contend at an elite level. It makes no sense to change up the scheme/coach when your BEST players are reaching their expiration date. We should roll with what we have right now with Lovie/Rod running the defense. Once Urlacher/Pep/Briggs/Peanut are spent, then find a better head coach.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)

I see what you are saying but haven't the Packers scored on their first positions the last 5 times the teams played?

Also the Packers beat the Bears four times in calendar year 2011.

Again though, I see your point and agree with it.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
I see what you are saying but haven't the Packers scored on their first positions the last 5 times the teams played?

Also the Packers beat the Bears four times in calendar year 2011.

Again though, I see your point and agree with it.

The Packers have probably done this to almost every team they've played in the last calendar year.

I'm surprised the Chiefs haven't set up a time to interview Fisher. Maybe they still will, or maybe Fisher has no interest in going there, not sure. I just don't want Romeo Crennel to be the head coach. I'd rather see him still be Defensive Coordinator.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Hard to single them out right now, they(as in George) did what we have been asking them to do for the past 3 years.

Besides, Hegone33 is just trying to get a rise out of bears fans right now, since his perennial contender 49ers has shown everyone how to win their division with regularity over the past 5 years like the Bears have. Oh, wait.....

Ha!

We can accept goofing by Packers, Patriots or Steelers fans but...Niners fans? :nono

Mike Martz "resigned" when he didn't have a contract. How does that work?

Oh, and WAY TO GO Bears! Jay Cutler, year 4 lookout: 3 O-coordinators, 0 O-linemen, 0 WRs, and one given away Greg Olsen because Martz doesn't throw to TEs