Peavy ready for bounce back season

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
1.) I like that post a lot, but I just don't understand why Peavy, Rios, Dunn aren't enough reasons to bury Kenny. Having those guys cost me my favorite player in Mark. I will say this. The booing will start on Opening Day this year and The Cell will be a very very negative place to be with all 3 of those guys getting booed big time all year IMO unless they produce. It will be such a negative place to be.

2.) I love that post. Post of the new year. A lot of Sox fans were against the Dunn signing. My dad was furious. Said Dunn would be a bust. I trusted the folks on here who were so excited and figured it'd be nice to have an automatic 40 homer guy to go with Paulie.

Your dad must either be about 33 or 97.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 05:17 AM)
Nobody likes bad trades/signings, obviously, but if a deal makes sense at the time its mad then I try to be more lenient.

Yeah.

But the Peavy deal was really bad timing. The guy was on the DL at the time.

Geez. That was dumb.

And Dunn. Don't baseball teams do their homework? Obviously the guy was a weight risk and not intent on proving himself in the AL.

That leaves Rios. He was known throughout baseball as a dog. And still we acquire him. Bad bad bad.

And KW gets a pass??

2.) I love that post. Post of the new year. A lot of Sox fans were against the Dunn signing. My dad was furious.

Oh for Christ. f***ing. Sakes.

No, it's a f***ing stupid hindsight post.

Almost everyone in Soxdom LOVED the Dunn signing aside from your father, Whitesoxrandy, and my brother (who was for the E-Jax trade because "Prospects never do anything!"). If by "a lot" you mean ".5% of all Sox fans" then sure, maybe that number comes out to more than 10. That might be considered a lot to someone from Kansas.

But stop lauding every damn post that agrees with you as "post of the year." I get that they're more rare then a blue moon or J4L being sober, but just because they spew the same ideology as you does not make them good posts.

I f***ing teared up and was sad as hell when Mark when to go join the Oz Show. He was my idol when I would play baseball. I didn't pitch, but I knew he made it because of hardwork so he was my inspiration. Each game I wore a Mark Buehrle #56 shirt underneath my jersey and it's so tattered now that I probably couldn't wear it even if he was still here.

And if 3 bad moves are enough to can Kenny, how many would it f***ing take to can Ozzie? Is he also like a Tootsie Pop where the world may never know? Was it playing Rios? Pinch hitting Dunn against lefties? Leaving in Humber or Peavy? Frasor? Benching Morel for performing? Dicking around players in the lineup? Falling in love with mediocre s*** like Randy Williams, DeWayne Wise, and Jerry Owens? Explain those to me Greg. He made the f***ing lineups and no one man is more responsible for this team not making the playoffs in recent years or stunting the growth of players like Morel. Kenny, Dunn, Rios, Peavy, JR, Coop, none of them did as much damage as this one greedy, selfish asshole who had to make them the "Chicago Ozzies" and made bad moves because he was either being spiteful or he was just a terrible f***ing manager.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 02:23 AM)
Yeah.

But the Peavy deal was really bad timing. The guy was on the DL at the time.

Geez. That was dumb.

And Dunn. Don't baseball teams do their homework? Obviously the guy was a weight risk and not intent on proving himself in the AL.

That leaves Rios. He was known throughout baseball as a dog. And still we acquire him. Bad bad bad.

And KW gets a pass??

Peavy was on the DL for getting hurt running the bases. I guess he does that often in the AL?

Dunn? Most consistent player in baseball until last year. I guess PK was done in '08 because he was slow and aging.

Rios was a 2 time all-star and one of the next big things having an average year. We should have dumped AJ a long time ago I guess.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 03:35 AM)

Almost everyone in Soxdom LOVED the Dunn signing aside from your father, Whitesoxrandy, and my brother (who was for the E-Jax trade because "Prospects never do anything!"). If by "a lot" you mean ".5% of all Sox fans" then sure, maybe that number comes out to more than 10. That might be considered a lot to someone from Kansas.

But stop lauding every damn post that agrees with you as "post of the year." I get that they're more rare then a blue moon or J4L being sober, but just because they spew the same ideology as you does not make them good posts.

I f***ing teared up and was sad as hell when Mark when to go join the Oz Show. He was my idol when I would play baseball. I didn't pitch, but I knew he made it because of hardwork so he was my inspiration. Each game I wore a Mark Buehrle #56 shirt underneath my jersey and it's so tattered now that I probably couldn't wear it even if he was still here.

And if 3 bad moves are enough to can Kenny, how many would it f***ing take to can Ozzie? Is he also like a Tootsie Pop where the world may never know? Was it playing Rios? Pinch hitting Dunn against lefties? Leaving in Humber or Peavy? Frasor? Benching Morel for performing? Dicking around players in the lineup? Falling in love with mediocre s*** like Randy Williams, DeWayne Wise, and Jerry Owens? Explain those to me Greg. He made the f***ing lineups and no one man is more responsible for this team not making the playoffs in recent years or stunting the growth of players like Morel. Kenny, Dunn, Rios, Peavy, JR, Coop, none of them did as much damage as this one greedy, selfish asshole who had to make them the "Chicago Ozzies" and made bad moves because he was either being spiteful or he was just a terrible f***ing manager.

Don't forget the wisdom of the Kotsay/Jones over Thome bull-headed DH move that 50% cost us the ALCD crown in 2010.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 03:37 AM)
Peavy was on the DL for getting hurt running the bases. I guess he does that often in the AL?

Dunn? Most consistent player in baseball until last year. I guess PK was done in '08 because he was slow and aging.

Rios was a 2 time all-star and one of the next big things having an average year. We should have dumped AJ a long time ago I guess.

Forget 08, he was done in 03.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 05:35 AM)

This is much more in line with POTY in my opinion.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
This is much more in line with POTY in my opinion.

No, because I actually like Greg.

I disagreed with him in the past on stuff, but his side was reasonable. Now he's a caricature of himself since Ozzie's firing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
No, because I actually like Greg.

I disagreed with him in the past on stuff, but his side was reasonable. Now he's a caricature of himself since Ozzie's firing.

It's not the Greg bashing that makes me like that post (I'm generally pro-Greg as well), it's the impassioned breakdown.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)

I liked your posts.

Some counterpoints: Your brother and my dad may be smarter than some think. My dad is gone now, went the week before Christmas (family wanted to bury him in a White Sox shirt; thank God I was home to nix that idea; that was just f***ing stupid, but that's a different story) but there were some people who didn't like the Dunn deal.

Your points about Rios in the second post ... Rios was a two-time all-star but you have to admit there were some warning signs that the Jays were desperate to get rid of him.

As far as your question ... "And if 3 bad moves are enough to can Kenny, how many would it f***ing take to can Ozzie?"

Well, some of you and I violently disagree on this one. I think Ozzie WAS half fired. I know I know. He had the option to come back one more year. But this is big boy business and it was obvious (to me) Jerry had sided with KW on this one and it was well known to Ozzeroo he was gone or at least not wanted.

I know we disagree on this and probably shouldn't revisit it.

I agree that Ozzie in this current climate needed a change of scenery. But now I'm just left with Kenny and until I get over it (or we win some games) I am of the opinion KW is the remaining devil and I sort of enjoy bashing him.

Any more questions? I will answer them directly.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Ozzie was gone because he left the building in about August of last year.

The team better play better this year or Kenny will be gone at the end of this season.

People who think this is a rebuild are wrong. Too many veterans to be called a rebuild.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Virtually zero chance that happens unless he retires.

Why is that? He gets the free pass for 05 that everybody accuses me of giving Ozzie?

If Rios, Dunn, Peavy and the team suck again and if our closer sucks after trading Sergio, good luck to KW.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Why is that? He gets the free pass for 05 that everybody accuses me of giving Ozzie?

If Rios, Dunn, Peavy and the team suck again and if our closer sucks after trading Sergio, good luck to KW.

Because this is a recovery and rebuilding year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 01:21 AM)
Because this is a recovery and rebuilding year.

I just don't understand how this is a rebuilding year.

Our roster is full of veterans.

ss-veteran. 1b-veteran. c-veteran. cf-veteran. dh-veteran. so five of nine position players veterans to go with Tank, DeAza, Gordon and Morel.

p-Floyd, Danks, Peavy (veterans) with youngster Sale and journeyman type pitcher (Humber, Zach) for No. 5 starter with a veteran bullpen aside from the young closer (Reed). Crain, Thornton and the others are veterans.

How is this rebuilding?

The young guys who will be playing (Morel, DeAza, Tank, Beckham) of that group there are two superstar prospects. If those 2 develop into superstars I guess we are sort of 'rebuilding' around them and Sale/Reed, if indeed they are also special superstar talents. I don't see how KW would get a free pass though with a 'rebuilding' tag. Too many vets to not be a contender.

If this team doesn't contend, it will be on KW fully since Oz is long gone.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
The team better play better this year or Kenny will be gone at the end of this season.

People who think this is a rebuild are wrong. Too many veterans to be called a rebuild.

Proving for the 7,473,362.32 time that you don't understand how the business of baseball works.

1.) I like that post a lot, but I just don't understand why Peavy, Rios, Dunn aren't enough reasons to bury Kenny. Having those guys cost me my favorite player in Mark. I will say this. The booing will start on Opening Day this year and The Cell will be a very very negative place to be with all 3 of those guys getting booed big time all year IMO unless they produce. It will be such a negative place to be.

2.) I love that post. Post of the new year. A lot of Sox fans were against the Dunn signing. My dad was furious. Said Dunn would be a bust. I trusted the folks on here who were so excited and figured it'd be nice to have an automatic 40 homer guy to go with Paulie.

Just because you focus on those 3 not everyone does. The Dunn move was bad last year. Doesn't mean it will be. I'm glad you can predict the one of a kind injury Peavy had, no one else di. Rios, you get that one. KW has made many more good moves than bad ones. Overall he has done a good job.

Do you really think a player will get booed if they don't produce? That would happen regardless of past performance. Fans were booing Thomas at the end of his run here. He's a HOF who had a devastating injury. I have complete faith in Sox fans will boo if they don't produce as is thier right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
This team is not built to contend. It's built to get as much out of the guys who Ozzie couldn't deal with as possible.

Cutting $25 million in payroll is not loading a team with veterans.

i just pointed out all the veterans on the roster and you disagree?

How is this team rebuilding. Please point this out to me. With Morel, DeAza, Tank and Beckham, Sale and Reed??

I don't see how reasonable Sox fans consider this a rebuild.

And good luck to Robin "dealng" with Rios and Dunn.

Yeah it's Ozzie's fault those 2 guys sucked as badly as any players in Sox history.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
i just pointed out all the veterans on the roster and you disagree?

How is this team rebuilding. Please point this out to me. With Morel, DeAza, Tank and Beckham, Sale and Reed??

I don't see how reasonable Sox fans consider this a rebuild.

And good luck to Robin "dealng" with Rios and Dunn.

Yeah it's Ozzie's fault those 2 guys sucked as badly as any players in Sox history.

The same way it's KW's fault.