Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Agreed, but the press Conf was still absurd

There was no reason for it. The guy is done at your program, why are you lying for him? And how did they throw this together including an investigation faster than Declan and Lizzys cases. It makes them look terrible.

just posting a few things i found online that I thoguht are extremely interesting.

Teo said the funeral was in Carson California. This website belonging to Ronaiah Tuiasasopo says he is from Carson California.

http://www.talentjug.com/profile/rltuiasosopo

additionally, Teo's parents describe

"She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out

as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

Teo's supposed gf was in a serious car accident sometime in 2012. Tuiasasopo was in a serious car accident in 2012. Here is a pic of Tuiasasopo from instagram after the car accident with his cousin (Jeremy Matau) asking for prayers for them

http://instagram.com/p/Ih0ANZKDCR/

The real weird part is the fred Matua story.Fred Matua (not sure if he is related to Jeremy Matau [different spelling, but both are cousins of Tuiasasopo]) dies on August 12, 2012. A girl close to Matua creates an twitter pretending to be Kekua's sister, saying "she" was missed at the dinner for their father that night.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Could have spiraled out of control with him already too deep

He made it spiral out of control. He could have fake broke up with her before she had fake cancer and fake died. When did he realize he was too deep? Who allowed him to go in the direction he did with the story?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
just posting a few things i found online that I thoguht are extremely interesting.

Teo said the funeral was in Carson California. This website belonging to Ronaiah Tuiasasopo says he is from Carson California.

http://www.talentjug.com/profile/rltuiasosopo

additionally, Teo's parents describe

"She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out

as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

Teo's supposed gf was in a serious car accident sometime in 2012. Tuiasasopo was in a serious car accident in 2012. Here is a pic of Tuiasasopo from instagram after the car accident with his cousin (Jeremy Matau) asking for prayers for them

http://instagram.com/p/Ih0ANZKDCR/

The real weird part is the fred Matua story.Fred Matua (not sure if he is related to Jeremy Matau [different spelling, but both are cousins of Tuiasasopo]) dies on August 12, 2012. A girl close to Matua creates an twitter pretending to be Kekua's sister, saying "she" was missed at the dinner for their father that night.

additionally "jesslu2" on instagram, who posted about her cousin Tuiasosopo being in the car accident has the following as her instagram info - "Jessica Lutu I love God! My family means the world to me! 💍Engaged💍 I love FASHION! Your body is a canvas...PAINT! #LeukemiaAwareness 💗Va Va Voom baby💗 "

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
He made it spiral out of control. He could have fake broke up with her before she had fake cancer and fake died. When did he realize he was too deep? Who allowed him to go in the direction he did with the story?

Possibly less questions if someone is gone (mom cant call her up and ask why she broke son's heart). Might have also thought that if he did it at the same time as his grandma that it would draw less attention and then be over with?

Pretty odd no matter what the story is.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
If it was all to cover up his sexuality, why say that she died? That makes no sense. Why wouldn't he say that they broke up? It just doesn't seem logical.

Maybe he was trying to hide his sexuality and promote himself?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
If it was all to cover up his sexuality, why say that she died? That makes no sense. Why wouldn't he say that they broke up? It just doesn't seem logical.

A lot easier to keep someone a secret if they are dead I guess.

Many people who lie and create false stories dont always necessarily think what they are doing.

He could have just become overwhelmed with the death of his grandma (that is true) and just went off the deep end.

Someone is going to find his friend soon and then well know.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 03:09 AM)

What does breaking up with her solve? Killing her off makes sure no asked who your girlfriend is.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
A lot easier to keep someone a secret if they are dead I guess.

Not when you piggyback it on your Grandma's death for more sympathy. If that was the case, he's the stupidest student at ND.

How many hundreds of gay ND football players have successfully avoided outing themselves without elaborate lies?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
What does breaking up with her solve? Killing her off makes sure no asked who your girlfriend is.

Are you serious? Killing her off made it a huge story. Otherwise, nobody would have cared. Nobody cares who these kids are dating. I can understand him wanting to hide his sexuality. The easiest way is to not discuss it. Why would he volunteer any information?

Killing her at the same time as his grandma may have been smart, you can use the actual sadness of your grandma and since she really died no one is going to press a lot of questions.

It just makes no sense to create the huge back story, when its far simpler to just say nothing. He could have just lied to his parents.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 03:16 AM)
Are you serious? Killing her off made it a huge story. Otherwise, nobody would have cared. Nobody cares who these kids are dating. I can understand him wanting to hide his sexuality. The easiest way is to not discuss it. Why would he volunteer any information?

Because he had no idea how big this story would be. Whatever you think happened, that part is true.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:17 PM)
Because he had no idea how big this story would be. Whatever you think happened, that part is true.

Well not really. This whole story broke centered around the idea that he is so self involved that he wanted this story to be that big to promote himself.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 03:19 AM)
It wouldn't have been a story if she didn't die. The story made news because he lost 2 loved ones so close to one another.

I realize why it became a story. He clearly did not. Or he wanted to promote himself I guess, as GT said.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

lol @ this thread

There is a remote chance that he was somehow gamed, but we would need far more info at this point to really believe that.

If he's gay, he can't fix it now. ND just went balls deep to protect him, he can't go change his mind and say that those guys just lied for him.