2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Well your clearly biased, Denver with Manning is just as much a contender, they beat teams without an offense last season imagine how good that defense can be with an actual offense on the other side making the other team one dimensional.

THe 49ers won 13 games without an offense last year, imagine how much better the best defense in the league can be with an actual offense on the other side making the other team one dimensional. Championship.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
97891640-16093544.jpg

Oh that? Just the best WR the Bears have ever had.

I really hope this punch thing turns out to be less awful than it seems on its face. I really really want to love this guy. I thought he sounded pretty good today at his presser. Like someone who has done a lot of work to study and better understand his disease.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
#2) If you are willing to throw that much at a wide receiver, why not spend that money on YOUR BIGGEST GODDAMN NEED WHICH IS A PASS RUSHER? One of the best pass rushers in the league is available, proved he is capable of being successful in either a 4-3 or 3-4, and you just so happen to be running a hybrid 4-3 next year. If you can afford to pay 2 receivers $20+ million, then you can assuredly afford to pay a receiver and a defensive player $24-26 million, especially when that one piece could quite literally take a mediocre defense and turn it dangerous. It then gives them options with the #10 pick, be it another pass rusher (because Merriman obviously will not last a full season, especially as a DE), a WR, OT, DB, Tannehill (if he were to fall), or trading up or down. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Whine like a little b****, and ye whines shall be answered.

I put Mario Williams on the same level as Julius Peppers and, really, their numbers leading up to their free agencies were quite similar. Williams averaged 10.3 Sk/16 GS, while Peppers averaged 10.8 Sk/16 GS. From what I gather of the two, Peppers is a little more aware of the passing game itself, having deflected, on average, 6 passes a year compared to Williams' 2, and that he either hits harder or if better at knocking the ball out, having averaged 4 forced fumbles a year compared to Williams' 2. They are both great players and Mario Williams is absolutely worth that price to the Bills.

They still have quite a few needs around the team, including depth in the secondary and at linebacker as well as a situational pass rusher to sub in for Chris Kelsay (though it's certainly plausible, if extremely unlikely, that Merriman could fill that role to some extent next season). They could also use help along the OLine and another good deep threat receiver (which is why they had Meachem in Buffalo before he signed with San Diego) as well as a developmental QB.

I am extremely excited about this move and about the Bills team next year. A DLine of Mario, Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Kelsay/Merriman-other situational pass rusher looks really damn solid and hopefully Wanne can still run a defense.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Manningham signs two year deal with Niners, how can Peyton turn them down...

Because SF still doesn't have a #1 receiver? Alex Smith meets with the Dolphins, SF better make a move on someone before they end up with no QB

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Because SF still doesn't have a #1 receiver? Alex Smith meets with the Dolphins, SF better make a move on someone before they end up with no QB

randy moss, vernon davis, mario manningham, and michael crabtree are great targets - maybe not a true #1 in there anymore, but thats as good of targets as hes going to find for a team that doesn't have a true #1 receiver. hell even kyle williams is a decent option

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
randy moss, vernon davis, mario manningham, and michael crabtree are great targets - maybe not a true #1 in there anymore, but thats as good of targets as hes going to find for a team that doesn't have a true #1 receiver. hell even kyle williams is a decent option

In Randy Moss' last season, he gave up on 3 teams and put up a staggering stat line of 28 catches for 393 yards. He's 35, not 25. And Crabtree's no show in the playoffs wouldn't have me very confident in him.

I just watched Brandon Marshall's press conference and suddenly feel better. He may be mentally ill to some extent, that can be hidden. There is no way that that guy is just some thug, though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
I just watched Brandon Marshall's press conference and suddenly feel better. He may be mentally ill to some extent, that can be hidden. There is no way that that guy is just some thug, though.

Borderline Personality Disorder. Look it up, that's what he has said he has.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
We will learn pretty quick if it is the system, the Packers, or Flynn.

Chicago fans can b**** about Cutler all they want, but at least we're not putting our stock in guys like that anymore.

It was mentioned to me the other day that all 3 current Bears quarterbacks right now might be the best 3 of the past 10+ years

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
Chicago fans can b**** about Cutler all they want, but at least we're not putting our stock in guys like that anymore.

It was mentioned to me the other day that all 3 current Bears quarterbacks right now might be the best 3 of the past 10+ years

It might be their best ever. All that means is the Bears have had an awful QB history.