2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
Again, someone brings up murder (or rape) which I think are on another level. If we'd just traded for the corpse of Rae Carruth, I'd swear off the Bears.

There's levels of bad, people.

No, more towards how hard it is to get a conviction against someone if you are loaded with money,.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few targets I'd like to see the Bears pursue: OJ Atogwe, Kamerion Wimbley (if/when he gets cut), Matt Birk, John Abraham, Marcus McNeill

There are also quite a few nice RB available. Michael Bush has come in for a visit, but other available names include Joseph Addai, Mike Tolbert, Brandon Jacobs, Ladainian Tomlinson, Derrick Ward...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)
I think it'd be worth paying more for Wimbley.

My only concern is that he isn't really a true 4-3 DE or LB. Yet, he's got the skills to play both in a 4-3 system. You can line him up on the opposite side of Peppers or bring him in for Roach and let him rush the passer. And he's obviously much younger than Abraham. But both would be great additions.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
A few targets I'd like to see the Bears pursue: OJ Atogwe, Kamerion Wimbley (if/when he gets cut), Matt Birk, John Abraham, Marcus McNeill

There are also quite a few nice RB available. Michael Bush has come in for a visit, but other available names include Joseph Addai, Mike Tolbert, Brandon Jacobs, Ladainian Tomlinson, Derrick Ward...

I think Atogwe/Birk are past their best days not really interested in either. I'm hoping the Bears push hard for Wimbley and if that doesn't happen wouldn't mind Abraham as a specialized pass rusher with Izzy in on run plays. I'm also hoping the Bears bring back Okoye.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
I think Atogwe/Birk are past their best days not really interested in either. I'm hoping the Bears push hard for Wimbley and if that doesn't happen wouldn't mind Abraham as a specialized pass rusher with Izzy in on run plays. I'm also hoping the Bears bring back Okoye.

Atogwe was hurt most of last year if I'm not mistaken, and the year before that, he was one of the top safeties in the league. He'd be a great FS to have and I think pairing him with Major Wright makes a damn fine duo. Birk is old, ya, but for a year or 2, he could still give you good production and improve the O-Line. And agreed on Okoye.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Atogwe was hurt most of last year if I'm not mistaken, and the year before that, he was one of the top safeties in the league. He'd be a great FS to have and I think pairing him with Major Wright makes a damn fine duo. Birk is old, ya, but for a year or 2, he could still give you good production and improve the O-Line. And agreed on Okoye.

The Redskins chose Brandon Meriweather over Atogwe which is concerning. Then again, the Skins aren't known for the free agency prowess.

Easily the top pass rusher left on the market, Abraham will return to the team where he's spent the past six years. Abraham was often on a snap count during his age-33 campaign last season, but was still one of the league's top 4-3 ends, and notched 9.5 of the Falcons' 33 sacks. His departure would have left a gaping hole along the Falcons' defensive line. Mar 16 - 2:26 PM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/849/john-abraham

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
If Manning wants the money he will sign with Denver, if he wants to win championships, the 49ers are the team for him.

Denver has a pretty good defense too.

They were a great defense, which is why they made the playoffs. Adding a Manning would make them a top notch offense as well.

Denver with Manning will win about 11 games. 49ers with Manning will win the championship

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Denver with Manning will win about 11 games. 49ers with Manning will win the championship

Well your clearly biased, Denver with Manning is just as much a contender, they beat teams without an offense last season imagine how good that defense can be with an actual offense on the other side making the other team one dimensional.