2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
Did the Cubs ever actually give anything up for Theo or is that just going away?

Current US Trends via Twitter

#FreeTebow

#TradeTebow

Tebow

#PastaFits

Elvis Dumervil

Broncos

John Elway

AFC West

Eric Decker

NFL for the win. Oh, and pasta. MMMMM pasta.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
At least don't make a mistake while pumping up the Packers on a Chicago message board.

Oh, I konw! That was totally stupid on my part! It's almost as dumb as cheering for your team when they are on offense at home in the red zone! Who does that?

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
Oh, I konw! That was totally stupid on my part! It's almost as dumb as cheering for your team when they are on offense at home in the red zone! Who does that?

Thanks for the heads up!

Ohfortheloveofgodherewegoagain

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
Show me where I guaranteed he would win in SF?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
THe 49ers won 13 games without an offense last year, imagine how much better the best defense in the league can be with an actual offense on the other side making the other team one dimensional. Championship.

Kaepernick is a poor mans Tebow. Ill always love him for beating Boise State, but he wasnt half the QB Kellen Moore was, and Im not sure Kellen Moore is anything more than a back up.

Id actually guess the 49ers draft a qb or trade for one if they want to win a Super Bowl.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
2012 NFC North Champion Green Bay Packers

Probably. I'd call them the favorites to win the whole NFC, and I don't think any Bears fans here have said differently even after the Marshall signing.

I just think that switching to an unproven 2nd year QB will the hurt the 49ers more than you think. We gave Alex Smith a lot of s***, but at least he protected the ball and made smart decisions. It's hard for a youngster to do that right when he's thrown in the fire. Add that to the up and down nature of the NFL year to year, and I think it won't be as easy for the 49ers to repeat their 2011 success.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Alex Smith said will be back in San Fran.. He has already said that he didn't mind being the backup plan.

He loves Califorina...

Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing

Hearing Alex Smith is very serious about Miami--if they're serious about him.

Kaepernick is a huge project, from a mechanics point of view he was a complete tear down and he basically never took the snap under center in college (ran the Pistol).

Now its possible Kaepernick has done this in 1 year, but Id say its highly unlikely given the state of his mechanics at the end of the 2010 season at Nevada. Since then I have seen him take 0 snaps, so its possible he has dramatically improved, but I would be furious if the Bears were considering him as a starter, as would any fan of any team with playoff aspirations.