2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
For a 6th/7th round pick, it's worth a shot... I don't think it's that bad of a move

Carroll just keeps stacking players like he is in college. Thats the WTF. There are currently 8 tight ends on their roster counting Winslow. Last year they brought in Zach Miller and let Carlson go. Im pretty sure they have had the most roster moves of any team by far since Carroll showed up. IIRC the year he showed up they made 200+ roster moves

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
For a 6th/7th round pick, it's worth a shot... I don't think it's that bad of a move

Not a good fit when your team has young QBs.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 22, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
Not a good fit when your team has young QBs.

Also worth wondering how short of a leash he's on though, especially if S.F. can come out and repeat what they did last year and be a legit team, where he can't back into the playoffs at 8-8. I wouldn't say "Hot seat" yet, but if Flynn comes out and struggles this year and they wind up with 5-6 wins, that'd be 3 mediocre seasons in a row, which is more than some coaches get.

Emanuel Pitches Idea Of Chicago Super Bowl

Mayor Rahm Emanuel met privately Thursday with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to pitch Chicago and Soldier Field as the site for a future, outdoor Super Bowl, the Sun-Times is reporting.

The NFL is scheduled to hold its first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold weather city — New York — in 2014.

Goodell told the mayor that, if all goes well in New York, he would consider holding the game at Soldier Field.

Emanuel said he is willing to wait, but noted that after Chicago successfully hosted world leaders at the recent NATO Summit, it deserves to be the stage for the NFL’s biggest showcase.

Soldier Field’s seating capacity is 63,500, and Goodell acknowledged that seating is “always an issue.” But he said that issue could be addressed later.

How could they even add more seats? not a lot of room.

The NY Super Bowl will be the test. If its a cold game and iconic/money maker, they wont care if the next Super Bowl is played in Anchorage. If the NY Super Bowl suffers due to weather, no way Chicago ever gets it.

I personally think that it will do well, but its a hard one to guess, because I can not recall a major football event that has been held on a neutral field in the cold.

Even the Big 10 went for Indy, although that was partially due to the nonsense that is involved when you deal with Chicago and the Park District.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 31, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
The NY Super Bowl will be the test. If its a cold game and iconic/money maker, they wont care if the next Super Bowl is played in Anchorage. If the NY Super Bowl suffers due to weather, no way Chicago ever gets it.

I personally think that it will do well, but its a hard one to guess, because I can not recall a major football event that has been held on a neutral field in the cold.

Even the Big 10 went for Indy, although that was partially due to the nonsense that is involved when you deal with Chicago and the Park District.

If the Bears built a 95,000 seat stadium, they'd get a Super Bowl and the teams would be told to like it. They didn't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
If the Bears built a 95,000 seat stadium, they'd get a Super Bowl and the teams would be told to like it. They didn't.

I'm still so pissed that we wound up with the garbage we have.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
I'm still so pissed that we wound up with the garbage we have.

Its not a bad place to watch as a fan, but it could have been so much better. 100k+ seats would have been an easy sell. Instead we have the smallest stadium in the NFL with one of the largest fan bases. Go figure.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 31, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
Its not a bad place to watch as a fan, but it could have been so much better. 100k+ seats would have been an easy sell. Instead we have the smallest stadium in the NFL with one of the largest fan bases. Go figure.

That's my main gripe - how impossible it is to get in there for less than $200/ticket.

You know, I really don't think the capacity of the stadium is the main factor here. I think the big deal is the extra stuff outside the stadium. When I went to the 02 superbowl in NO, there was so much stuff to do outside of the Superdome it was silly. Then you add in Bourbon street? Sold.

In Chicago it isn't going to be like that. Sure, there is stuff to do, bars, restaurants, etc. But it isn't as if people can go walk around wrigleyville when there is a decent possibility that 12 inches of snow will be on the ground or coming down. There isn't going to be outside concerts and things like that.

I don't see it happening.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)

It would need field turf and a retractable roof.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
You know, I really don't think the capacity of the stadium is the main factor here. I think the big deal is the extra stuff outside the stadium. When I went to the 02 superbowl in NO, there was so much stuff to do outside of the Superdome it was silly. Then you add in Bourbon street? Sold.

In Chicago it isn't going to be like that. Sure, there is stuff to do, bars, restaurants, etc. But it isn't as if people can go walk around wrigleyville when there is a decent possibility that 12 inches of snow will be on the ground or coming down. There isn't going to be outside concerts and things like that.

Thats true but they could tent up the entire outside of the stadium and the Waldron deck if they wanted to. The size of the stadium is a pretty big issue though, if I was the NFL I would put it in Cowboys stadium every year unless Dallas actually made it. 100k+ should be able to go to the superbowl IMO.

Personally since I dont sit in luxury boxes I would pick 3-4 stadiums in the Big Ten for a super bowl before I would pick Soldier Field.

I hope Urlacher saves some energy for the football season

Jimmy Traina‏@JimmyTraina

Jenny McCarthy told Howard Stern she needs LOTS of sex, masturbates daily, has 3 hour orgasms. Will Chi media ask Brian Urlacher about this?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
I hope Urlacher saves some energy for the football season

Jimmy Traina‏@JimmyTraina

Jenny McCarthy told Howard Stern she needs LOTS of sex, masturbates daily, has 3 hour orgasms. Will Chi media ask Brian Urlacher about this?

Now she knows how I felt in high school with her posters all over my walls.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)

How do you explain NY getting it then? How about Indy or Detroit?

Edited by nitetrain8601