White Sox Hotels on the Road

jwmann2

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necropost, but this is what I found while searching on Google for Sox road hotels. Me and some buddies are planning on going up to Minneapolis this weekend to catch the series, and were hoping to stay at the same hotel. Did this some years ago when they played in Cincinnati and it was an awesome experience. But for Minneapolis, I've gotten everything from The W to the Hilton Minneapolis, but everything seems to be outdated by a couple seasons at the least. Anyone know where they've been staying THIS season? Much appreciated!

Can you e-mail someone from the team to ask about it? As long as you don't come off like Robert De Niro in The Fan, maybe they will tell you. I know in the Bears yearbook every year it lists which hotel they will be staying at for each away game. It's obviously different with all the travel in baseball, but just a thought.

QUOTE (MAX @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
What about during spring training?

During spring training the players rent furnished houses and apartments (like they do in Chicago during the regular season). Minor league guys tend to rent one house for several guys. Most all of the wives/kids come out to spring training as well. Of course the exception to this is Konerko who stays with his family in their permanent house in Scottsdale during spring training.

QUOTE (sox2013 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
During spring training the players rent furnished houses and apartments (like they do in Chicago during the regular season). Minor league guys tend to rent one house for several guys. Most all of the wives/kids come out to spring training as well. Of course the exception to this is Konerko who stays with his family in their permanent house in Scottsdale during spring training.

If 1/2 the team just stayed with Konerko they'd each have more than 1000 square feet to work with.

I stayed at the same hotel as the Red Sox in Arlington back in 2004 or so. I was surprised how subdued they were trying to blend in, not what I expected. I did mention that I was a Sox fan -- White Sox :lol: I do recall trying to drunk dial Kap to invite him over without success. I couldn't find his number in my phone, silly me I had it under his real name not Kapkomet :lol: