Annual Soxtalk Bracket Challenge

Brian

I am in, though despite watching more college basketball than 99% of people, I am notoriously bad at the bracket challenge. I've been picking brackets since 1983 and gotten the winner right only twice (though I did peg Butler for the Final Four two years ago).

Honest question, why doesnt Yahoo let you pick the play-in games? Are they technically not part of the tournament?

If picks were required to be in by 7pm on Tuesday as compared to Noon Thursday, you'd have a lot lower participation.

I am not doing it for the SoxTalk challenge, but I am going to create a "coin flip" bracket. I'll flip a coin for each match-up. Heads-the higher seed advances; tail-the lower seed advance.

Well, this didnt turn out well...

Screen_shot_2012_03_12_at_1.51.34_PM.png

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I am not doing it for the SoxTalk challenge, but I am going to create a "coin flip" bracket. I'll flip a coin for each match-up. Heads-the higher seed advances; tail-the lower seed advance.

I have done that before, but in a different way. For each game I did (x+y-1) coin flips, where x and y are the seeds of the teams. Team X needs to win x flips to advance and team Y needs to win y flips to advance.

I'm in. My bracket sucks. I spent at least 3 minutes on it, but I don't like it. I just don't see a final four team from the west bracket and I had to pick Kentucky to lose and I'm not a big believer in Duke, so the South got murky. I wish FSU was the 4 seed in the East, it would have been a perfect place to pick Syracuse to lose. I figured I would take on ridicule if I picked IU to beat Kentucky again so I picked UConn to beat them. I originally picked UConn to beat IU as well, but I figured they would be on too much of a high so I went one more game with IU, which is stretching them a bit. I just want to get them to the 2nd weekend because I want to go to Atlanta to see it!

Please feel free to question or criticize my picks.