Sox/M's ST 3/21 game thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
Mark Gonzales ‏ @MDGonzales

Danks to start today in minor league game, Stults to face Seattle

@MDGonzales: Viciedo out of lineup (pulled tooth). Dunn in LF (!!), Gallagher DH.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
@MDGonzales: Viciedo out of lineup (pulled tooth). Dunn in LF (!!), Gallagher DH.

So a pulled tooth is the reason for his poor performance with the bat!

Edited by elrockinMT

Stults with 4 innings.

Bruney with 2 scoreless. He's probably making the team. Probably down to Axelrod or Stewart. The rest is Bruney, Ohman, Santiago, Reed, Crain, and Thornton. That is if Crain is ready.

11-2 Sox, 7th

Leyson Septimo in now. I think he's been a nice surprise this spring.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Stults with 4 innings.

Bruney with 2 scoreless. He's probably making the team. Probably down to Axelrod or Stewart. The rest is Bruney, Ohman, Santiago, Reed, Crain, and Thornton. That is if Crain is ready.

11-2 Sox, 7th

Leyson Septimo in now. I think he's been a nice surprise this spring.

UHHHHGGGGHHHH.

I don't CARE what he's doing in Spring Training. He's proven he can't get it done in the bigs. Some players look great and ST and it doesn't translate to the regular season. He is one of them.

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
UHHHHGGGGHHHH.

I don't CARE what he's doing in Spring Training. He's proven he can't get it done in the bigs. Some players look great and ST and it doesn't translate to the regular season. He is one of them.

That may be, but I still think he'll make it. I just don't think they need both Axelrod and Stewart in the pen. One will start in Charlotte.

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Haven't really been following ST as much as I'd like to.

Any chance Escobar makes the team?

Escobar has a chance. Just doubled, btw.

It's probably him or Dan Johnson, who just walked.

Depends on if they feel comfortable with Lillibridge playing all over the infield and/or if they would just rather have Escobar playing every day rather than sitting on the bench.

To me, it's Johnson and then let's talk in a month after we know what Escobar is doing in AAA and what Viciedo and Beckham are doing in Chicago.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
UHHHHGGGGHHHH.

Who in this race for the bullpen spots should have a sense of entitlement over someone like Bruney? Several spots are open for a reason......