Trayvon Martin

StrangeSox

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Zimmerman needs to go the f*** away. I agreed with the outcome of the trial, even as unfortunate as the circumstances were, but he's still a piece of s*** human being that needs to be removed from the limelight.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 16, 2014 -> 12:09 AM)
Michael Dunn not convicted of murder after shooting into a car full of black unarmed teens for playing music too loud. Racism is dead.

Florida. Not surprised. He's still should die in jail though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Again, Jenks, he did not request an SYG hearing and instead the Judge charged the jury with the "no duty to retreat", SYG standard in the instructions to the jury, and as of now he was not convicted of murder despite murdering someone.

OK? So the jury was instructed on the law. What's wrong with that? They clearly didn't believe that he was acting in self-defense or that he "had not duty to retreat" since they convicted him of 3 counts of attempted murder.

And I doubt I would have convicted him of first degree murder based on what i've read. There wasn't much premeditation here. This is yet another case where Florida prosecutors went for the home run instead of the single.

The law worked as it should in this case. Dude's a murderer. He didn't shoot because he thought he could get away with it. He shot because he's a murderer.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
OK? So the jury was instructed on the law. What's wrong with that? They clearly didn't believe that he was acting in self-defense or that he "had not duty to retreat" since they convicted him of 3 counts of attempted murder.

And I doubt I would have convicted him of first degree murder based on what i've read. There wasn't much premeditation here. This is yet another case where Florida prosecutors went for the home run instead of the single.

The law worked as it should in this case. Dude's a murderer. He didn't shoot because he thought he could get away with it. He shot because he's a murderer.

Um, as of right now...he's not a murderer according to the jury of the state of florida.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
Technically true, but that's only because of overzealous prosecutors.

Incorrect, Judge informed jury that they could convict him of lesser charges, including 2nd degree murder.