2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
Wright banging and impregnating all those coeds. Not enough time for basketball!

Were those rumors ever substantiated? I mean, if there's that much smoke there's probably fire, but I never saw anything too definite. Never saw anything about him actually being close to resigning, either. But if they're this awful to watch, might as well kick him to the curb.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Were those rumors ever substantiated? I mean, if there's that much smoke there's probably fire, but I never saw anything too definite. Never saw anything about him actually being close to resigning, either. But if they're this awful to watch, might as well kick him to the curb.

Nah, I don't think so. I think deadspin had the story that if true that baby would be like 16 years old now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
To be fair, norfolk st. was a tourney team last year. I know they lost a good player, but, no name in college basketball doesn't necessarily mean bad.

They aren't a good team, but when you win on arguably your worst performance of the season I think people should quit over-reacting. This team is better than we thought but they aren't close to good enough to win by 20-30 just by showing up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
To be fair, norfolk st. was a tourney team last year. I know they lost a good player, but, no name in college basketball doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Listen, not trying to annoy but you should still crush those teams. LBS was a tourney team last year and we smoked em. Illlinois is still finding its legs and cold nights with a basic offense are going to suck. However its a long time to March and thats your target. I have no reason to believe they wont make the tourney.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
Also, highest flyer in Big Ten? Olidipo or Sam Thompson?

I'm obviously biased to say Oladipo, but I still haven't forgotten that one-handed slam on an in-bounds pass Thompson did against Indiana last year. Rodney Williams should probably at least be in the discussion, too.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:00 AM)
I'm obviously biased to say Oladipo, but I still haven't forgotten that one-handed slam on an in-bounds pass Thompson did against Indiana last year. Rodney Williams should probably at least be in the discussion, too.

Ah good point. And I didnt mean to misspell Oladipo.

Thompson has had some really highlight dunks this year but you just pointed out one of the best.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Come to think of it, this discussion will end this weekend when Hanner Perea steps on the court. His athleticism puts Oladipo's to shame, it's non human-like.

I didn't see him play when he was up here in HS at LaLumiere, but the sports guys who I know that did said he is on the Concord HS Shawn Kemp level as an athlete and dunker.