2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
I looked it up, the ball going over the backboard is out of bounds. That is now three calls that the refs flat-out did not know it seems.

I think once it actually goes backward (as this one obviously did), it's out of bounds. If it bounces straight up/comes back towards the hoop side of the glass, it's still in bounds.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
Horrible last possession.

Oh well, very lucky to be only down 4. Minnesota is on a whole other level than us.

Meh, Abrams played about 8 minutes, Paul was out for a 4-5 minute stretch when Illinois could have extended the lead, and the officials decided for the last 10 minutes to start calling fouls (Advantage Minnesota since they're more physical down low). All that and they're down 4. I'll take it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 04:01 AM)
Meh, Abrams played about 8 minutes, Paul was out for a 4-5 minute stretch when Illinois could have extended the lead, and the officials decided for the last 10 minutes to start calling fouls (Advantage Minnesota since they're more physical down low). All that and they're down 4. I'll take it.

Illinois could definitely win this. But I think Minny is just that good. Much better than anyone we've played and that is saying something.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
Illinois needs to shoot better than 25% if they are going to win this game. Hire me, BTN.

Seriously. This is a game between two top 15 teams and THIS is the best crew they could get? Come on.. this is a joke.

I'm a Gopher and Gopher fan, but damn those were a pair of stupid foul calls

EDIT: Oh, at least it was a double foul on Mbakwe and Egwu. Still should have been a non-call.

EDIT2: Also, the negativity in this thread is hilarious. This is FAR from over...

Edited by Felix