Their Sawks at our Sox - 4.26.2012

tonyho7476

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
I hate Mike Aviles...always have.

Except if he was playing 3B or 2B for the White Sox, then he'd be hitting .171 with Escobar-esque power.

What was the announced attendance?

Edited by caulfield12

20,266 for a game against the BOSTON RED SOX? Brooks Boyer has to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't in the high teens or it would SEEM even worse.

Still a bit of a surprising number.

What will be the reason this time, the NFL draft? Premium/dynamic pricing? The Bulls are playing? The Red Sox fans are aggravated with Valentine and John Henry? Bad weather? School's still in session. The way we lost the game yesterday afternoon has demoralized fans?

After the way Boston played earlier this week in Minnesota, you'd have thought they would get a few of their casual/bandwagon fans back again...and Humber was coming off a perfect game and it was his first home appearance after that.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 03:18 AM)
20,266 for a game against the BOSTON RED SOX? Brooks Boyer has to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't in the high teens or it would SEEM even worse.

What will be the reason this time, the NFL draft? Premium/dynamic pricing? The Bulls are playing? The Red Sox fans are aggravated with Valentine and John Henry? Bad weather? School's still in session. The way we lost the game yesterday afternoon has demoralized fans?

After the way Boston played earlier this week in Minnesota, you'd have thought they would get a few of their casual/bandwagon fans back again...and Humber was coming off a perfect game and it was his first home appearance after that.

It was pretty damn cold here tonight. Don't forget though they had cheaper pricing tonight in honor of Humber. I'm stunned at how bad the attendance has been this year though. Frustrating to see.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 03:23 AM)
What really should have been a nice evening for Konerko and Humber turned into something kind of sad and depressing...and that was before the game got out of hand.

The 20,000 fans had to be miserable. Games where you are out of it early suck.

At least they got the Viciedo bomb.

If you can take any positives out of the game...

Adam Dunn managed to get on-base 3 times in a game where a LHP started. This would have been completely unheard of last year.

Dayan showed signs of life. A couple of hits including a home run.

Stewart and Ohman managed to save the A-team bullpen for the rest of the series.

Other than that...nothing.

The Sox got to the Boston bullpen by the start of the 7th, but managed to get shut down by a pitcher who had only pitched 2 innings all year coming in. Tazawa went 3 scoreless innings to finish it off. Morel and Beckham just continue to be, well...Morel and Beckham. I was hoping, if nothing else, that this game would kind of deteriorate into a mild slugfest where Boston doesn't feel threatened, and leave some unfocused pitches out over the plate so we could see what it would look like for Gordon Beckham to hit a ball hard somewhere. That never happened though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)

Since you are so concerned with Sox attendance you should buy an extra ticket or two.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Since you are so concerned with Sox attendance you should buy an extra ticket or two.

Well, since I already subscribe to MLB.TV Premium ($25.00 per month) and MLB Gameday Audio HERE IN CHINA....

What else would you like for me to do?

Buy a set of season tickets even though I will only be in the US for one month of the summer, and in Iowa (Quad-Cities) to boot?

Buy more White Sox hats/souvenirs/merchandise??

If I lived in Chicago, I would go to every game I possibly could, I know that. Maybe not the 2nd half of last season, but definitely this year with Ventura managing, just to show my support.

Go back to writing your Viciedo opinion piece, lol. Viciedo is another big bust, therefore, KW must go. Something like that'll do.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
Well, since I already subscribe to MLB.TV Premium ($25.00 per month) and MLB Gameday Audio HERE IN CHINA....

What else would you like for me to do?

Buy a set of season tickets even though I will only be in the US for one month of the summer, and in Iowa (Quad-Cities) to boot?

Buy more White Sox hats/souvenirs/merchandise??

If I lived in Chicago, I would go to every game I possibly could, I know that. Maybe not the 2nd half of last season, but definitely this year with Ventura managing, just to show my support.

Go back to writing your Viciedo opinion piece, lol. Viciedo is another big bust, therefore, KW must go. Something like that'll do.

I don not give one damn whether you are in China or across the street. If you are grousing about White Sox attendance my advice is to buy a ticket or two. Can't make it to the game there are plenty of charities in Chicago that could benefit from your largess.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 06:26 AM)
I don not give one damn whether you are in China or across the street. If you are grousing about White Sox attendance my advice is to buy a ticket or two. Can't make it to the game there are plenty of charities in Chicago that could benefit from your largess.

I prefer to volunteer my personal time and commitment to service work.

Giving $1 when only 70-75-80% of it is going to direct services or programming is a waste of my money.

LARGESSE, by the way.

Unless you consider buying a subscription to your newspaper, the Sun-Times, an act of charity as well??

I prefer to volunteer my personal time and commitment to service work.

Giving $1 when only 70-75-80% of it is going to direct services or programming is a waste of my money.

LARGESSE, by the way.

Unless you consider buying a subscription to your newspaper, the Sun-Times, an act of charity as well??

By the way, your statement is a bit idiotic.

If you're not the White Sox pitching coach or a former major league pitcher, you can't make a comment on Phil Humber?

If I am unable to attend Sox games in person, I shouldn't be able to post here about it?

Maybe you should make your own version of SoxTalk only for denizens of the Gold Coast ticket areas? Then you would have the unadulterated views of your target audience and not just the fawning approbation of your fawning sycophants.

I know a certain sportswriter who can't even steal a base against AJ Pierzynski with a running head start/walking lead, wearing shorts, even if he tried it 100 times in a row.

Why should I listen to him comments about the White Sox when he's the most unathletic commentator I know, with the exception of his brain getting so much exercise and attention from him massaging his ego so much.

Edited by caulfield12

Cold night in Chicago and really how many fans want to sit in 39 degree weather and I am sure the humidity was high. Humber lost and got hit pretty hard, but that happens to pitchers from time to time. Mark Buerhle got hit hard at times too. We lost a game and that's three straight for sure now, but we can turn it around on Friday.

Viciedo did hit the ball hard twice so that is a good sign.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 03:42 AM)
You can say that about every single player...

Yes you can for sure. Alexei hit a couple of bullets and has nothing to show for it but hard contact is always a good sign

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)

I was there and freezing my ass off. Games just aren't as fun when it is cold. If the Sox stay competitive attendance will pick up and be normal. No better or worse