Their Sawks at our Sox - 4.26.2012

tonyho7476

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
Get to the Red Sox bullpen early and often.

Doubront is their best starter in terms of ERA so far this year but he has walked a lot of guys, so taking pitches on to be on the list of ways to attack him this game.

I like the pitching matchups in this series. I also like that the Sox are coming off a game where they screwed up some basic stuff - something they hadn't yet done much under Ventura. My bet is they are much sharper this series. I predict the ChiSox take 3 of 4.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
I like the pitching matchups in this series. I also like that the Sox are coming off a game where they screwed up some basic stuff - something they hadn't yet done much under Ventura. My bet is they are much sharper this series. I predict the ChiSox take 3 of 4.

The ChiSox are going from facing the team with the #2 ERA in the AL to the #14 ERA in the AL. The BoSox are going from facing the team with the #13 ERA in the AL to the team with the #3 ERA in the AL.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)

I consider this a test for Robin. We need to play fundamental ball, and do it now. Losing is one way to lose fans, losing ugly is an entire other thing. I want to see us playing the game the right way, win or lose.

I only want to see Santiago when we are up by a ton or down by a ton. No more giving up bombs to close games. Does anyone remember that Cleveland game he saved? He gave a bomb there too. It's just too risky when the games are practically ours for the taking.

GO SOX!

Sweep dem bastards!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Try having them start at 10!

I had the opposite probelm when I lived in Alaska. Sunday football games started at 9 AM, and Monday "Night" Football was a 5 PM start.

I had the opposite probelm when I lived in Alaska. Sunday football games started at 9 AM, and Monday "Night" Football was a 5 PM start.

I've long thought that Mountain Time Zone is the ideal location for sports viewing.

Weeknight MLB games start between 5-8pm.

Baseball/basketball playoff evening games start at 6-7pm.

Monday Night Football starts at 6:30pm.

Sunday early kickoff is at 11am.

Not too early that you are still at work when they start and not so late that you lose sleep to stay up for the finish.