Red Sox @ White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
We aren't talking about Walker here. We are talking about Manto. He is the hitting coach. Walker is in ATL. He's watching the Braves hitters, they lead the NL in runs scored. Its Manto;s fault these guys aren't hitting now.

A week ago, you would have been laughed at for bringing this topic up.

Same thing could happen for both Walker and Manto in another month's time.

A week ago, Bobby Valentine was being hounded out of Boston after blowing the 9 run lead on Saturday.

I'll ask this question. How many hitting coaches have "fixed" an entire major league roster of hitters in 2 months? Are you claiming the success of all the Braves' hitters this season is entirely due to Greg Walker? REALLY?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
Why would you say that? All I said is what the majority of Soxtalk has said for years. If guys aren't hitting its the hitting coach's fault. Its time to make a change.

As far as Cooper/Humber, if you're going to give Coop the credit for the perfect game, don't you have to blame him for the implosion his next outing?

Is that really all you have to do on a Saturday night? Gloat about f***ing Greg Walker?

You are ridiculous.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
A week ago, you would have been laughed at for bringing this topic up.

Same thing could happen for both Walker and Manto in another month's time.

A week ago, Bobby Valentine was being hounded out of Boston after blowing the 9 run lead on Saturday.

I'll ask this question. How many hitting coaches have "fixed" an entire major league roster of hitters in 2 months? Are you claiming the success of all the Braves' hitters this season is entirely due to Greg Walker? REALLY?

That's one thing I've learned on this board. I tried to be a voice of reason and tell people they were wrong, the way to really improve an offense is to get better hitters, but was rebuffed to the point I saw the light. A hitter's success or failure is pretty much all on the hitting coach. What Mickey Hatcher has done to Albert Pujols is criminal.

You can't have it both ways. If the Sox were leading the league in runs scored right now, you would say it was proof Walker sucked and Manto is great. The Braves lead the NL in runs.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
You're ridiculous. Read my posts.

We're 20 games into the season!

Seriously, you are incapable of having objective opinions due to some perverse love affairs up you have with random people you meet.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
We're 20 games into the season!

Seriously, you are incapable of having objective opinions due to some perverse love affairs up you have with random people you meet.

From the guy who is giving up on Viciedo.

Priceless.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
You wouldn't say that for long. Do you see some of the crap he swings at off of RHP?

I'm not suggesting that he's going to be one of the top hitting infielders in the league, but I would bet next week's paycheck that he's .100 points better than Beckham, no doubt.

What new? Sox get owned by Red Sox.

It's hard to get used to the White Sox being insignificant after '05. So frustrating. It does look like Peavy will be tradeable, however, if he can keep this up the entire first half.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Beckham has played 200 games at USCF and is a .222 hitter at home.

Get rid of him.

Time to send him down, flip a coin and give Lilli or Escobar a shot. Give the other more time than usual at third base as well. If we contend, make a move for a third baseman.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
Time to send him down, flip a coin and give Lilli or Escobar a shot. Give the other more time than usual at third base as well. If we contend, make a move for a third baseman.

Has to be Lillibridge based on his experience in the majors, his 12 homers last year and Escobar's 666 career minor league OPS.

Lillibridge COULD be an everyday player in the bigs. That will never happen for Eduardo...at least not in the AL.