Red Sox @ White Sox

Heads22

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Peavy... we need a great start from you. Haven't won a game since your last start. Want to end this losing streak, stay above .500, and possibly get back into a tie for 1st place! The last two games have been ugly, get us looking pretty again.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
only a Sox win can slightly ease the pain of watching DRose go down. C'mon JFP....

Opinion on whether those reports of a torn ACL/MCL are bogus?

Not a pretty line-up...hopefully some of these guys come alive.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
Opinion on whether those reports of a torn ACL/MCL are bogus?

Not a pretty line-up...hopefully some of these guys come alive.

I'm going with bogus, only because someone on the trib said they saw him limping around the locker room. Would they let him limp around? Am I grasping at straws?

Source close to #Bulls Derrick Rose says as of 5pm cst Rose has Not had an MRI to confirm any injury to his left knee

Never mind - it's official. ACL.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm going with bogus, only because someone on the trib said they saw him limping around the locker room. Would they let him limp around? Am I grasping at straws?

I'm just going to assume it's true, and feel a huge sense of relief and joy if it comes out that he is only going to be out a couple of weeks or something...

I know we're on a Sox forum, but the last thing I'll say about it is that I would have taken Rose out at the 4 minute mark with the score 95-75...Philly wasn't coming back, and with the injuries that D-Rose has dealt with...better safe than sorry. For it to happen with a minute left of a game that was virtually decided is sick to think about.

Edit: Not gonna lie...I'm devistated.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
I'm just going to assume it's true, and feel a huge sense of relief and joy if it comes out that he is only going to be out a couple of weeks or something...

I know we're on a Sox forum, but the last thing I'll say about it is that I would have taken Rose out at the 4 minute mark with the score 95-75...Philly wasn't coming back, and with the injuries that D-Rose has dealt with...better safe than sorry. For it to happen with a minute left of a game that was virtually decided is sick to think about.

Edit: Not gonna lie...I'm devistated.

It was a freak thing. There wasn't even any contact or anything. If it didn't happen there it probably would've happened Tuesday.

Only 17 hits and 4 walks in 29 2/3rd's IP now for Peavy.

Down to 1.82 ERA.

So you still think if Grady Sizemore caught that ball against the Royals so many years ago, the Indians still would have lost every game from there on out?

Guess there's no such thing as a turning point.

Better yet, we can take an insta-poll. I bet at least 50% would say if we took a 3-0 lead last night in the bottom of the first that we would have won the game last night...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Only 17 hits and 4 walks in 29 2/3rd's IP now for Peavy.

Down to 1.82 ERA.

So you still think if Grady Sizemore caught that ball against the Royals so many years ago, the Indians still would have lost every game from there on out?

Guess there's no such thing as a turning point.

I think Danks coughed up the lead twice. Specifically in the 6th inning when he gave up 5. Oh wait, I know it. It happened.

I'm not predicting anything here, just telling you what happened. You on the other hand seem to think something magical would have happened to Danks s***ty night pitching if AJ gave him 3 runs to work with instead of 1.

Grady Sizemore has nothing to do with it

Have made Lester throw 27 pitches so far this inning. We've seen this already this series though. With every 20+ inning where the starter labors, there is a Morel-Beckham 5 pitch inning to follow. Evens out.

Edited by jeffro2525

Just like the Santiago blown save and the rest of the A's series happened.

You get a big shot of confidence when your team is scuffling and you can get out to a big lead early at home.

With what happened, you leave those runners on 2nd and 3rd, you have the missed opportunity (part of a continuing trend with our offense) and the pressure's back on Danks to hold the lead.

We just gave up another run when Dunn didn't pick up the 3rd base coach when he would have easily scored had he looked at Ross or McEwing.

But it doesn't matter if you waste opportunities like this in the early innings I guess.

Especially when we've been playing so poorly at home since 2009.

Edited by caulfield12