Red Sox @ White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Just like the Santiago blown save and the rest of the A's series happened.

You get a big shot of confidence when your team is scuffling and you can get out to a big lead early at home.

With what happened, you leave those runners on 2nd and 3rd, you have the missed opportunity (part of a continuing trend with our offense) and the pressure's back on Danks to hold the lead.

We just gave up another run when Dunn didn't pick up the 3rd base coach when he would have easily scored had he looked at Ross or McEwing.

But it doesn't matter if you waste opportunities like this in the early innings I guess.

Don't try and change this into "kyle doesn't believe in turning points". That isn't my argument. I absolutely believe in turning points in games and seasons. What I said was your choice of turning points was absurd. A first inning double where your team takes the lead is not a turning point to a loss, even if it was this ->

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're giving Lester too much credit!

Flowers, Viciedo and Morel will need at least 9 pitches to strike out consecutively.

The funny thing is with how bad we've played this week, the Tigers have been even worse and all three teams would be tied again atop the AL Central with a Sox win.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:37 PM)
You're giving Lester too much credit!

Flowers, Viciedo and Morel will need at least 9 pitches to strike out consecutively.

I was predicting a Morel first pitch pop to short center in there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
Don't try and change this into "kyle doesn't believe in turning points". That isn't my argument. I absolutely believe in turning points in games and seasons. What I said was your choice of turning points was absurd. A first inning double where your team takes the lead is not a turning point to a loss, even if it was this ->

Why is it absurd?

Let's examine tonight's game.

Statistically, the team that scores first has a much better chance of winning the game, especially at home. Agree or disagree?

We just gave up a run there in the first inning. It should be 1-0, if not for another mental mistake.

Will you say that run scoring wasn't a turning point in the game? With a four-game losing streak, every little thing can be a turning point.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Why is it absurd?

Statistically, the team that scores first has a much better chance of winning the game, especially at home. Agree or disagree?

We just gave up a run there in the first inning. It should be 1-0, if not for another mental mistake.

Will you say that run scoring wasn't a turning point in the game? With a four-game losing streak, every little thing can be a turning point.

C, can you tighten up the white space in your posts?

26 k's in 74 plate appearances for Morel.

This is getting ridiculous.

At least I was wrong about Viciedo K'ing. He's actually starting to turn on the ball a bit more and pulling instead of pushing or lunging and everything ending up going to the right hand side. At least he looks CLOSER than Morel and Beckham to breaking out.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
C, can you tighten up the white space in your posts?

As soon as you name who you want for LF and GM, lol.

You should be happy, your boy Peavy is looking like the 2005-07 version.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
Is Shoppach playing again?

Shoppach was shameless about it too. The last time he lost control of the bat, it flew into the stands on strike 3. He never even looked into the stands...just slow cool-walked back the dug-out.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
I don't understand why Ventura or Coop allow our pitchers to wear only short sleeves in this weather.

WTF? Seriously? A pitcher is more comfortable without sleeves and its your job to second guess?

IMO, Peavy is pitching like an ace right now. I know there is a lot of game left for him to get shelled, but aces stop losing streaks and it starts by shutting their bats off early in the game. Jake understands how to pitch in these situations and I'm happy to have him on our staff.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
I don't understand why Ventura or Coop allow our pitchers to wear only short sleeves in this weather.

Because Jake and Sale feel restricted by wearing them. They can wear the jackets in the dugout. When they're out on the mound, the temperature's not going to affect them adversely...unless we have a new medical finding that pitching in cold weather without long or 3/4er's sleeves causes more elbow and shoulder injuries.

But sure, Don Cooper should be fired because Chris and Jake are clearly the two best pitchers on our team so far despite wearing short sleeves under their jerseys, lol.

Please, please, please write that article. It's more amusing than picking on Dayan Viciedo!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
IMO, Peavy is pitching like an ace right now. I know there is a lot of game left for him to get shelled, but aces stop losing streaks and it starts by shutting their bats off early in the game. Jake understands how to pitch in these situations and I'm happy to have him on our staff.

He'd be the CY if the season ended today (haha). Yeah, he's been great. Brent Morel? He needs to quit the sport of baseball. I'm sick of him. He has no skills.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Why is it absurd?

Like I said earlier, Peavy not throwing a strike on the fourth pitch of the game was the turning point.